I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Blur like sotong

I lost my watch. Despite my effort in searching high and low, up and down for it, i just couldn't find it anywhere. This wasn't the first time i lost or forgot something, but to me, the damage was considerably higher this time... The most upsetting part about losing my watch is that it was a gift from 贝 on my birthday this year! I felt even more annoyed at myself for losing my 30-year-old present from 贝 than losing the SGD50 Easy Link card, which just happened a few weeks back... Ok, ok, so i admit it -- i'm a muddle-head.

I've always suspected muddle-headed-ness is hereditary. It's not that i wanna blame my parents for giving me bad memory or what, but it feels better if i can actually attribute my own flaws to something that is beyond my control. Well, we have no control over what was being passed down to us by our parents so genetic makeup is always a good and valid reason to take the fault off ourselves -- "hey, can't blame me for that... it runs in the family!" Look at my mom and anyone can see my point for sure.

Being a not-so-scientific person, i don't understand how human brains work at all. I once heard a notion about each person is given a certain amount of brain cells and the more we use, the lesser we are left with when we become older... emmm, or was the notion talking about sperm instead or brain cells... Ok, never mind. Whatever it is, i think being muddle-headed doesn't really have anything to do with brain cells (i.e. intelligence). It is more or less a person's character. Some people are just more alert and meticulous, while others, such as myself, are just simply "sotong".

Then is a person born with a certain character, or do the up-bringing and environment determine what a person would become? This is a classic nature vs. nurture topic that researchers have been arguing till death and yet can never come to a conclusion. I'm not gonna do a thesis about this topic here but i do believe both nature and nurture help to mould personality.

So for my case, my parents certainly are somewhat responsible for me being such a muddle-head. After all, they gave birth to me and brought me up; they are responsible for both the nature and nurture part. Since dad is no longer around, then i guess this means mom should pay for the watch that i've lost (hmmm... i'm starting to sound like my brother). Of course, most importantly, i've established the reasons that i, myself, am not to be blamed for losing the watch because it's an innate flaw that comes from my parents. So, your honour, i rest my case.

Labels: , ,

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, June 29, 2005 @ 3:10 am: I don't...
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 @ 3:29 am: I think, therefore I write -- take two
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 @ 1:07 am: I hate my boss
Monday, June 20, 2005 @ 2:33 am: Web usability
Thursday, June 16, 2005 @ 8:04 pm: I'm expanding horizontally
Thursday, June 16, 2005 @ 2:23 am: "Not guilty" x 10
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 @ 1:06 am: I think, therefore I write
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 @ 1:23 am: Ouch!
Monday, June 13, 2005 @ 2:12 am: My random thoughts on the day i turned 30...