I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, June 16, 2005

I'm expanding horizontally

Was feeling grouchy this morning. Well, even though going to the about-to-collapse company and seeing my stupid-ass boss put me in foul mood everyday, this morning was even more so because i suspected that i've gained weight!

I didn't weigh myself because it's school holiday and i can't use the digital weighing scale in my cousin's room. Yap, i've been scecretly using it whenever he has gone to school. So without the scale, i can only estimate my weight through my pants. This morning, the pants was tighter compared to two weeks back. Unless the pants have shrunk, which was unlikely, i think i've indeed gained weight.

This was very upsetting because i've been having salad for lunch every weekday for two consecutive weeks. I'm not sure if salad diet indeed doesn't work, or it's all due to my 舅母. Aunt is on holiday at Thailand and this week 舅母 has been cooking dinner. The portion of dinner that she kept for me every night was so massive that i felt so stuffed after finishing it. I was obliged to finish the whole thing for two reasons: 1) she may mistakenly think that i don't like her cooking if i don't finish the dishes, and 2) everyone else has already eaten and if i don't finish it, i would have to throw the remaining food away, which is really a waste!

It doesn't matter what was the cause of my weight gain, i'm really horrified at the thought that i'm growing sideways. I know darn well that the most effective way to lose weight is through exercises, but being a lazy person who enjoys sleeping and eating, i just don't feel like moving my lazy bum and start to work out.

However, this time may be different. Seeing my tummy and thighs getting bigger and the 胡蝶袖 on my arms, preventing me from wearing shorts, mini skirts and spaghetti straps, i'm really determined to at least lose 3kg (that's how vain i am). Ok, i know, i know, it's not the first time that i'm so determined... so i guess 贝 would have to help me with it. When it comes to perseverance in sports, i definitely "out last" everyone -- i'm totally out and i rank the last!

Labels: ,

I swear you didn't gain weight... at least for what I see and feel personally...

the (胡)蝶袖 should be (蝴)蝶袖...
pls be more careful next time...
i'm very particular on this...

Share your cogitation



Thursday, June 16, 2005 @ 2:23 am: "Not guilty" x 10
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 @ 1:06 am: I think, therefore I write
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 @ 1:23 am: Ouch!
Monday, June 13, 2005 @ 2:12 am: My random thoughts on the day i turned 30...