I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, July 25, 2005

Some mistakes are just so expensive

贝 said the fat naked belly dancing guy in my previous post was disgusting and asked me to remove it. Well, actually i found it to be disgusting too, but i thought it made my point. Anyway, do drop me a comment if any of you also think that it's way too yucky and should be removed. Majority wins.


People who know me well enough should know that i'm a muddle-head. I'm so absent-minded that sometimes even 贝 was annoyed at me for keep on forgetting things. However, lately, 贝 has been the one who forgets things. Hmmmm, i wonder if muddle-headed-ness is contagious?

A few months back, 贝 forgot to bring his laptop to work one morning. He just left it at home and went to work empty-handed. Luckily there were plenty of laptops in his company that he could use for his work. Then about a month ago, 贝 went to Celcom office to enquire about the 3G service. He forgot to collect back his identification card after showing it to the Celcom staff. Again, luckily the staff still kept the IC and 贝 managed to get it back from Celcom.

After these two incidents, mom started to be worried about 贝's forgetfulness. Convinced that 贝's brain needs nourishment, she wanted to make pig's brain soup for him but fortunately we stopped her from doing so. Then when 贝 wasn't around, she lectured me for not being a good girlfriend. She said as a girlfriend, i should help my man to ensure that he has not forgotten anything behind. Why did my mother sound more like his mother, blaming the girl for any mistakes done by the guy? She should be reminded that i'm the daughter, and he is the son-in-law-to-be, not the son.

This morning, 贝 forgot something again, but this time it was with a higher price. He left our passports at home and we didn't realize it until we reached the 2nd link toll. We were forced to pay for the toll fee, made a U-turn, and then passed the return toll to drive back home to get the passports. When we reached home to get the passports, mom was still sleeping, but i believe she could hear us and would sure ask me about it.

Besides being late to work, this proved to be a very costly mistake:

Total additional mileage = 40km
Total additional driving time = 30min
Total additional toll fees = RM20.40

I also estimate that there would be more costs to it after my mom gets to know about this incident:

Total additional nagging time = 15min
  (for mom to reproach me for being a lousy girlfriend who did not remind my boyfriend about things)
Total additional quibbling time = 10min
  (for us to convince mom that pig's brain soup is indeed not needed)

So you see, some mistakes are just so expensive that you simply can't afford to make...

Labels: ,

I never know he's so muddle-minded :p
or maybe is a bad habit of not putting back things to own place after use? :p
Just like my sis.
But she'd to pay more expensive price for these mistakes, cause this will equal to my nagging time of her whole life :p

are you an accountant??? very very little things u can count. salute u.
i think he not a muddle-head person. may be he just keep thinking how to beat me and wondering how come i so 'powerful' on the sunday games. ha ha...

Share your cogitation



Sunday, July 24, 2005 @ 11:23 pm: Lost and found
Sunday, July 24, 2005 @ 3:52 am: 43-minute customer service
Friday, July 22, 2005 @ 2:33 am: One of those days...
Friday, July 22, 2005 @ 2:32 am: Journey to the East (东游记)-- Part III
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 @ 3:41 am: Journey to the East (东游记) -- Part II
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 @ 3:12 am: Journey to the East (东游记) -- Part I
Saturday, July 16, 2005 @ 2:05 am: Scold you until smelly head
Friday, July 15, 2005 @ 2:36 am: My blog sucks in Firefox
Thursday, July 14, 2005 @ 2:24 am: The no. 2 salesman in Singapore
Tuesday, July 12, 2005 @ 9:12 pm: 豆浆油条 (the song, not the food)