I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, October 10, 2005

Splitting headache

I've been having a headache since yesterday.  

It started in the morning when i woke up, with tender eyeball and my head feeling heavier than usual. Then it worsened through the day with throbbing pain and subsequently a nauseous feeling.

So i popped two Panadol tablets before going to bed last night, but i could still feel mild pain this morning, even until now as i'm typing.

Not sure what was the cause of my headache. I guess it may be a combination of the following:

  • An extremely hot Sunday. Yap, i almost melted yesterday because of the heat. Perhaps my head was melting first.

  • Sleep deprivation. Have been sleeping too late and waking up early. I need more than 8 hours of sleep everyday but hardly getting enough these days.

  • Overuse of my eyes. Have been looking at the computer screen and tv for too long over the days. It certainly didn't help when i did it with contact lens.

  • Mom's birthday. It's today and i've not bought any birthday gift. To figure out what to buy might have given me unnecessary pressure.

  • The Kashmir earthquake. One disaster after another just made me feel sick. (May the victims rest in peace.)  


Anyway, about the birthday gift, i've decided not to tire out my brain and just give mom some cash. No need to crack my head over a gift that may not be useful or to her liking in the end. Cash is probably the most practical, albeit less thoughtful, gift for elderly.

Share your cogitation



Friday, October 07, 2005 @ 10:30 pm: To my friends
Friday, October 07, 2005 @ 1:52 am: Four types of people who can succeed in the corpor...
Thursday, October 06, 2005 @ 3:45 am: What a wonderful world
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 @ 3:35 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 @ 3:50 am: A trip to strawberry land -- The unpleasant incide...
Monday, October 03, 2005 @ 1:42 pm: A trip to strawberry land -- The unpleasant incide...
Sunday, October 02, 2005 @ 6:59 pm: A trip to strawberry land -- Day 3
Saturday, October 01, 2005 @ 6:27 pm: A trip to strawberry land -- Day 2 (II)
Friday, September 30, 2005 @ 3:53 am: A trip to strawberry land -- Day 2 (I)
Thursday, September 29, 2005 @ 3:30 am: A trip to strawberry land -- Day 1