I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, October 07, 2005

To my friends

Our company was in the news again. This time, the supremos of the company gotta step up and defend their decision in paying a hefty sum to engage some so-called "professional consultants" for getting the shit together. I almost laughed my head off after reading it. Then when i read further that someone was actually convinced of the decision to be correct, my head really came off from laughing even harder.

I wanna be a professional consultant when i grow up.


(This post is to my close friends. We've recently gossiped about a group of our high school mates who were all married to rich men. Then it kinda got me thinking about many things, one of which is in this post.)

I've always wondered how was it like to be in that group of friends. You know, those "Beverly Hills 90210" kind of friends; those "look how pretty / slim i am", or "look how rich my bf / husband is", or "look at my LV handbags / diamond rings / Gucci dress", or "look how many suitors i had" type of friends.

That kind of social circle is really not something that i can imagine. What kind of life is that? Must be quite interesting and full of drive -- the drive to push you to be always better and not lose out to your so-called friends. Well, at least they have a clear goal for their lives, as compared to me who's still searching for it.

In case any of you started to think that i'm envious of their lives, no, i'm not. I'm just curious, that's all.

I don't think any of the gals in our group is less intelligent or not as pretty (c'mon, we all can be a knockout when we doll up). It's just that we have different personalities and perhaps look for different things in life. Ours may not necessarily be better or theirs worse; just different paths and lifestyles that we had chosen, or rather, life had chosen for us.

I'm fine to be looked upon by others as mediocrity, because i know darn well in my heart that i'm special to the people whom i care about. I guess that's what really matters in the end -- that no matter what kind of underachiever i am, there are people who truly love me for who i am.

And thank you for being one of these people.  

You are damn rite about being the consultant part..... where i work, they earn 10times more than me while doing the same job.

Well, at where i work, the consultants are getting 10 times more than i can earn in my entire life while doing don't-know-what!

Share your cogitation



Friday, October 07, 2005 @ 1:52 am: Four types of people who can succeed in the corpor...
Thursday, October 06, 2005 @ 3:45 am: What a wonderful world
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 @ 3:35 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 @ 3:50 am: A trip to strawberry land -- The unpleasant incide...
Monday, October 03, 2005 @ 1:42 pm: A trip to strawberry land -- The unpleasant incide...
Sunday, October 02, 2005 @ 6:59 pm: A trip to strawberry land -- Day 3
Saturday, October 01, 2005 @ 6:27 pm: A trip to strawberry land -- Day 2 (II)
Friday, September 30, 2005 @ 3:53 am: A trip to strawberry land -- Day 2 (I)
Thursday, September 29, 2005 @ 3:30 am: A trip to strawberry land -- Day 1
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 @ 3:50 am: True self manifested in the first reaction