I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas carol: Deck the Halls

The traffic at 2nd Link this morning was TERRIBLE! As if it wasn't frustrating enough to be stuck in a traffic jam early in the morning, those asshole queue-jumpers gotta spoilt my days further. Darn these bastards. I wish that Santa Claus would give them a gigantic pile a elephant dung for Christmas and make their cars and houses stink for the whole of 2006.


Deck the Halls

Deck the halls with boughs of holly
Fa la la la la la la la la
'Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa la la la la la la la la
Don we now our gay apparel,
Fa la la la la la la la la
Troll the ancient Yuletide carol,
Fa la la la la la la la la.

Fast away the old year passes,
Fa la la la la la la la la
Hail the new, ye lads and lasses,
Fa la la la la la la la la
Sing we joyous all together,
Fa la la la la la la la la
Heedless of the wind and weather,
Fa la la la la la la la la.


Yep, that's right, 'tis the season to be jolly. It sure is.

Christmas is my favourite holiday season. I'm not a Christian or a Catholic so i don't celebrate Christmas as a holy day. I celebrate it in a commercialized way: i exchange gifts and have Christmas Eve dinner with 贝, despite knowing that everything is over-priced during this time of the year.

Why do i love Christmas? No, it's not because of the Christmas gifts... oh alright, maybe a small part of it. But the main reason is that there's something about Christmas that gives me a sense of serenity and subtle joy. It signals the ending of a year and the beginning of new hope -- no matter how bad the year had been, there's a chance for amelioration; no matter how and what we had done, there's a hope for betterment. Yes, indeed, fast away the old year passes, and hail the new, ye lads and lasses!

Not only that. I love Christmas also because of the Christmas carols. Unlike our dong-de-long-dong-qiang Chinese New Year songs that are noisy and about making more money and striking it rich, Christmas carols are about being joyous and thankful. Whether they are in slow or up tempo, Christmas songs always make me happy.

So, as i fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la my way to the Christmas Eve, my posts for the following days will be inspired by the Christmas carols. And i'm sure that as i'm typing out the words, the melodies of the songs will be playing in my head, just like now... fa la la la la la la la la...

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Sunday, December 18, 2005 @ 4:46 am: My name is Kong, King Kong
Friday, December 16, 2005 @ 4:02 am: The end of honeymoon period
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 @ 9:59 pm: Making the most of the Air Asia promotion
Monday, December 12, 2005 @ 9:26 pm: Disappointing show and dinner
Monday, December 12, 2005 @ 4:20 am: My aunt's wedding
Thursday, December 08, 2005 @ 1:56 pm: How do i love thee? Let me count the ways.
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 @ 9:35 pm: Friendlies (福娃)
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 @ 4:32 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 @ 4:40 am: Maybe it's political
Saturday, December 03, 2005 @ 4:24 am: The Pop Idol spin-offs shows in Singapore