I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, December 16, 2005

The end of honeymoon period

In June, i had a meeting with Production Department to discuss about the improvements that were to be done for our ERP system. In September, they submitted the official request forms to initiate the changes. Until now, i've not completed any; in fact, i've not started programming any of them at all.

At that time, our company was still facing the possibility of liquidation. For all the meetings that i attended and all the discussions that i had, i kept thinking to myself, "Why bother? We would be gone soon anyway." So whatever we had agreed upon, i just marked it down and sat on it, thinking that i wouldn't have to do any of them in the end. (Ok, ok, i can't deny that my laziness might have played a part too in my inaction.)

Today, the Production Manager sent an email to me and cc-ed the management asking for the status of the change requests. Well, what could i say except telling them that i haven't started working on any of the requests yet.

Sigh, so my indolence is coming back to haunt me. I gotta start working on the outstanding tasks -- and work fast! Oh, just great... serve me right for procrastinating and idling for too long.

With the court-appointed consultants here and potential investors coming in, i really must buck up and stop mooning around. I really must start up my engine now. Really. I must.

Labels:

Not too sure everybody will agree with you that that period can be called a honeymoon.... hehe.

But anyway, welcome back to WORK.

Some of my friends were so envious of my job and thought that it was so "shiok" to be able to do nothing and get paid... They certainly thought that i was having such an enjoyable time like honeymoon.

Sigh, one gotta be in the shoe to really know how it was like... :(

Add oil but take care of ones health

Thanks. :)

And btw, i didn't send in the X'mas song bcoz i missed the deadline. Hope you've sent in yours.

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, December 14, 2005 @ 9:59 pm: Making the most of the Air Asia promotion
Monday, December 12, 2005 @ 9:26 pm: Disappointing show and dinner
Monday, December 12, 2005 @ 4:20 am: My aunt's wedding
Thursday, December 08, 2005 @ 1:56 pm: How do i love thee? Let me count the ways.
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 @ 9:35 pm: Friendlies (福娃)
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 @ 4:32 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 @ 4:40 am: Maybe it's political
Saturday, December 03, 2005 @ 4:24 am: The Pop Idol spin-offs shows in Singapore
Thursday, December 01, 2005 @ 10:27 pm: Flash games
Thursday, December 01, 2005 @ 2:32 am: Not pinging PPS