I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Year 2005 in retrospect

In less than 8 hours, the year 2005 will come to an end. It hasn't been a good year for me, but it wasn't the worst either. If not for anything else, i'm at least grateful that i survived through it with all my loved ones still by my side. I should cheer even just for that reason.

The last day of the year always gives me a mixed feeling. On one hand, the ending of an old year terrifies me because the time had passed by too quickly without me achieving anything; on the other, the beginning of a new year gives me renewed hope that the unhappiness is finally behind me and things will soon get better. Yes, it will get better. It always does, sooner or later.

Looking back, year 2005 wasn't without some memorable events, whether good or bad:

January
  • The corruption investigation started in the company and my colleagues would resign one after another, leaving me behind stuck in this dead-end job. There was still no closure to the case and it would drag on into the new year.


February


March, April, May
  • Can't remember if anything worth noting happened during these months. See, blog does serve a purpose.


June
  • Started my blog.


July
  • 贝 was transferred back to Singapore and we started the life of commuting between two countries to work every day.

  • Did a colonoscopy procedure.

  • Participated in a treasure hunt that brought us all the way to Kuantan.


August


September


October


November


December
  • Attended my aunt's wedding. Was really glad that she could find happiness even at her age.

  • The company successfully prevented being wound-up in court and the administration of the company was taken over by the court-appointed consultants.


Not a fruitful year but all the ups and downs had sure made it exciting. I'm so looking forward to year 2006 'cos i have a feeling that it's gonna be a GOOD GOOD GOOD year for me.

And hope it is for everyone too. Happy New Year!!!

Labels:

haha..i almost spend two hour reading some of your old post..very good post and some so funny.what a enjoyable start new year for me.Thanks PinPin.

Wishing you and your love ones A Happy New Year.May All Your Wishes Comes True

Desmond,

You compliments had certainly given me a happy start to the new year. Thank you. :)

Best wishes to you and your love ones as well.

Share your cogitation



Friday, December 30, 2005 @ 2:52 pm: I'm so fed up
Thursday, December 29, 2005 @ 2:40 pm: A belated Christmas gift
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 @ 2:37 pm: The amazing Chinese medicines
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 @ 3:11 am: My Christmas gift
Friday, December 23, 2005 @ 10:09 pm: Christmas carol: We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Friday, December 23, 2005 @ 4:46 am: Christmas carol: Jingle Bells
Thursday, December 22, 2005 @ 4:42 am: Christmas carol: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 @ 2:56 am: Christmas carol: Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 @ 3:57 am: Christmas carol: Deck the Halls
Sunday, December 18, 2005 @ 4:46 am: My name is Kong, King Kong