I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Saturday, January 28, 2006

I need to think this over

Our company granted us half-day off today. It was just nice for me as i can save a half-day leave since i was to meet up with the head-hunter at 3pm. Her office was at Ngee Ann City and it was about an hour journey by MRT.

The recruitment agent clarified with me on my contractual obligations. I told her that even if the prospective employer was willing to take over the contract, i still need the approval from my current employer. If my management isn't willing to let me go, i still gotta stay put till the end of the contract, which is August this year. I told her that it's very unlikely the company would release me at such junctures.

She asked me to drop a hint to my management and see if there is a possibility for me to leave at all. I wonder if i should do so. How should i put it to my GM? The other IT staff had just left today and the whole department is only left with me now. I seriously don't think the company can do without any IT staff. Gosh, the management must be so glad that i have a contractual bond with them, or else i would have been long gone!

She also told me that this prospective employer is actually looking for someone with pre-sales experience, which is what i don't have. However, she said that my knowledge and skills in manufacturing and IT are rare and highly sought-after in the market now, so she still thought i was an ideal candidate.

She informed me that if the company is interested in having an interview with me, i may have to give a pre-sales presentation. Upon hearing that, i kinda had a second thought about this offer. Pre-sales presentation? I don't think i know what to do or say! It's kinda scary and i'm worried that i would embarrass myself.

Will our company be bought over by some big ass corporations and turn around? There may lie an opportunity here for me. But how long is it gonna take for such to happen? What's the odd that i can leave the current company before the end of the bond? What's the odd that i can give an impressive pre-sales presentation, having no prior experience at all? Is the possibility of getting a job with higher pay worth the possible embarrassment?

I really need to think this over carefully.

Labels:

Don't think..put this aside during this CNY.We think better better when we r not stress.
Dear PinPin
Wishing u n your loves one Gong Xi Fa Chai

"gong xi gong xi gong xi ni ah, gong xi gong xi gong xi ni"

Ya, i won't think about it now. I wanna enjoy my holiday and worry about it later. :)

Wishing you the same as well. Gong xi gong xi!

Share your cogitation



Friday, January 27, 2006 @ 3:43 am: I'm a natural beauty leh!
Thursday, January 26, 2006 @ 3:22 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 @ 4:24 am: I'm not a shopaholic
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 @ 3:34 am: A little story about Yuan Shi Kai
Monday, January 23, 2006 @ 4:31 am: Chinese New Year party
Friday, January 20, 2006 @ 4:32 am: Of blogging travel logs
Thursday, January 19, 2006 @ 1:36 pm: My first trip to Bangkok -- my impression
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 @ 4:02 am: Busy at work
Monday, January 16, 2006 @ 7:04 pm: My first trip to Bangkok -- Day 3
Saturday, January 14, 2006 @ 10:54 am: My first trip to Bangkok -- Day 2 (II)