I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, January 20, 2006

Of blogging travel logs

I still couldn't resolve the problem in the system and i'm so screwed. Spent the day searching for a solution online and got to know from some forums that the problem we are facing may be caused by a bug in the system. So i realized that i'm actually screwed by Microsoft.


I felt relief to have finally completed blogging about my Thailand trip. The same feeling as last time when i finished writing about my trip to Cameron Highlands and Treasure Hunt.

"Was writing travel logs such a drag?" you may ask, and my answer is "yes and no". I love and hate writing travel logs.

I love it because i get to share the experience with friends. I love it also because i'm capturing some part of my memories in words and it helps in my reminiscence when i read back years later.

Yet, i hate it because it always takes a long time to write since i wanna record down as much details as possible. Unlike some spontaneous posts such as this one where i can just type as i think, travel logs require me to recall what happened and arrange the pictures to be posted according to the correct timeline.

But there is a thing about writing a travel log that is easier than writing a spontaneous post -- the title. For travel logs, the title is always something like "A trip to [somewhere]", but i sometimes have difficulties in titling other posts. That is probably because i always digress to ramble about things that are not directly related to what i intend to write. In the end the post becomes something of a rojak and i have no idea what is an appropriate title anymore.

Even so, isn't this the whole point about blogging? I'm writing a blog, not a school essay or a research paper. It doesn't have to be well-structured. It doesn't have to be about a single topic. It doesn't have to be serious. It doesn't have to be entertaining. Heck, it doesn't even have to be written in perfect and powderful Engrish.

To me, a blog is a form of diary, albeit an open one. I kinda enjoy the semi-privacy i hold now as i'm not famous to be read by many people, while at the same time my friends care for me enough to read me everyday to keep abreast of what's happening to me and my thoughts on various things. That was also why i had stopped pinging PPS for most of my posts. Not that i've lost interest in blogging, just that i had gone back to the basics of why i started a blog in the first place.

Oh, by the way, on a totally unrelated note, my last post was featured on BlogsMalaysia, submitted by a famous Malaysian blogger. It was pretty much to my surprise. And the funny thing is that i've always thought that out of all the junk i wrote, travel logs were the junkiest of all. Hmm, guess i was wrong.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Thursday, January 19, 2006 @ 1:36 pm: My first trip to Bangkok -- my impression
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 @ 4:02 am: Busy at work
Monday, January 16, 2006 @ 7:04 pm: My first trip to Bangkok -- Day 3
Saturday, January 14, 2006 @ 10:54 am: My first trip to Bangkok -- Day 2 (II)
Friday, January 13, 2006 @ 4:02 am: My first trip to Bangkok -- Day 2 (I)
Thursday, January 12, 2006 @ 3:54 am: My first trip to Bangkok -- Day 1
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 @ 3:06 am: I'm back from the trip
Saturday, January 07, 2006 @ 12:49 am: Counting down to the trip
Friday, January 06, 2006 @ 1:49 pm: Re-Entry Permit stamp on another passport
Thursday, January 05, 2006 @ 1:58 pm: The New Seven Wonders of the World