I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A little story of psychology

I like stories, especially those short stories with profound moral. It's always fun to listen to the stories and try to figure out the hidden lesson in them, just like the the story on Yuan Shi Kai.

Here's a another nice story that i would like to share, one that i heard from a professor during a lecture of the Introduction to Psychology course for my Bachelor degree.

In the psychiatrist's office, a man was having a session with the psychiatrist.

"Doctor, my family and friends have been telling me that i have a problem and i should seek help from you," said the man.

"Ok, i'll show you a series of pictures with different shapes," the psychiatrist said, "Please tell me the first thing that comes to your mind after looking at the pictures."

The psychiatrist showed the guy a picture of a circle and asked, "So, tell me, what's on your mind after seeing this picture?"



"Sex," answered the man.

The psychiatrist showed the guy a picture of a triangle and asked, "How about this?"



"Sex," said the man, plainly.

The psychiatrist then showed the guy a picture of a rectangle and asked again, "And this?"



"Sex," the man replied again, frowning.

"Ok, i know what your problem is," the psychiatrist asserted, "You are obsessed with sex."

Upon hearing the diagnosis, the man jumped out of his chair and said to the psychiatrist furiously, "How dare you say that i'm obsessed with sex?! YOU are the one who's showing me all the dirty pictures!!!"


The moral of the story: Men are obsessed with sex but they either don't realize it or they don't wanna admit it.

Labels:

Hahaha... bloody hell.. and i tot you were about to tell me a serious story

Huh, but this is a serious story. All stories with moral that reflects such profound truth can only be serious and nothing else. :P

Sounds like Lin Peh la ! LOL!

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, February 21, 2006 @ 1:26 pm: My Snoopy drawings
Monday, February 20, 2006 @ 2:39 pm: The past weekend
Friday, February 17, 2006 @ 4:07 am: My eye hurts
Thursday, February 16, 2006 @ 2:56 am: Conversion of Malaysian driving licence in Singapore
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 @ 2:45 am: It's Valentine's Day
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 @ 2:05 am: The termination of the use of Restricted Passports
Monday, February 13, 2006 @ 3:57 am: My new blog
Friday, February 10, 2006 @ 3:04 am: A dinner with an old friend
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 @ 2:46 am: My outdated Christmas gift
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 @ 3:26 am: Chinese astrology