I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, February 17, 2006

My eye hurts

I was (and still am) really upset today. I woke up this morning with mild discomfort in my right eye. Then for the whole day, it hurt when i blinked. I gotta wear glasses to work, and even with glasses, my eye still looked ugly.

Uh huh, i got a disgusting eye stye at the lower inner eyelid:



I'm going to karaoke with friends this Saturday and i really don't wanna go out with a swollen eye. The problem is that eye stye, once infected, won't heal so fast. It'll at least take a week or so to fully recover.  

So i went to see our company's appointed doctor. He prescribed for me an ointment, topical antibiotics and anti-inflammation pills. I wonder if the medicines would help at all as i had read from the Web that eye stye is caused by plugged oil gland on the eyelids. It's not really an infection but very much like how a pimple develops. I'm not sure if i should take the antibiotics at all...

Darn, why can't this "pimple" grow somewhere else instead of on the eyelid?!  

Labels: ,

hehe, the old fella would tell you that is because you peeped on guys peeing. :p

anyway, take good care and rest well. stay less in front of computer screen ya! get well soon!

Ya, i had heard that too when i was young. And i'm sure that it's so not true -- seeing guys peeing will NOT give you eye styes. I can vouch for that. ;)

ask u not to peeing me :-)

wear tinted glasses la

whatever have a good weekend outing

how..ok?

Desmond, thanks for your concern. The eye stye was already healed, faster than i had expected. But now i'm having mild headache. Perhaps i should cut down my time in front of the computer screen... :P

Share your cogitation



Thursday, February 16, 2006 @ 2:56 am: Conversion of Malaysian driving licence in Singapore
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 @ 2:45 am: It's Valentine's Day
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 @ 2:05 am: The termination of the use of Restricted Passports
Monday, February 13, 2006 @ 3:57 am: My new blog
Friday, February 10, 2006 @ 3:04 am: A dinner with an old friend
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 @ 2:46 am: My outdated Christmas gift
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 @ 3:26 am: Chinese astrology
Monday, February 06, 2006 @ 2:39 pm: Back to work
Friday, February 03, 2006 @ 7:04 am: The five days of CNY and my birthday
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 @ 5:53 am: Why 1975 was a good year