I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Goodbye, dear camera

I successfully sold my camera via eBay for SGD160. I didn't expect that someone would actually bid on it, a film camera that was so old and with fungus in the lens. 贝 handed over the camera to the buyer today and he said the guy didn't really check the gear carefully. I wonder if that guy would regret buying it when he inspects the camera more closely later and discovers the fungus.

When the bidding period was closed last week, i felt an urge to revoke the sale because the reality sank in -- it struck me that i was about to part with my once-beloved camera, the camera that had been with me for so long and to so many places around the world.

It was this camera that i used to take lots of nice photos during my days in the Photographic Society in high school. It was this camera that i used to capture all the good memories in Canada. It was this camera that accompanied me for my job assignments in Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Copenhagen, Ho Chi Minh City, and Munich (and the visit to Sulzberg, Zurich and Lucerne). Oh, those days, those sweet memories... and i was so heartless to actually sell this old faithful companion of mine for such pathetic price.

Ya, i know, for an old camera like this, i should consider myself lucky that anyone would still want it. But my brother bought it for more than RM3K decade ago, and the good and bad times we shared were simply priceless. I'm sorry, my dear camera (oops, it's no longer mine). As much as it pained me, i just had to let you go. I hope your new owner would treat you well, or at least won't leave you in the closet for years and have you suffer with fungus growth, like what your previous owner did to you.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, April 11, 2006 @ 2:23 am: It has to be the driver, not the passenger
Sunday, April 09, 2006 @ 10:42 pm: Of golfing and relationships
Thursday, April 06, 2006 @ 1:44 pm: MEME: 100 Things About Me
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 @ 12:45 pm: Asian Badminton Championship 2006
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 @ 2:56 am: My eBay Singapore
Friday, March 31, 2006 @ 4:47 pm: To a dispirited friend
Friday, March 31, 2006 @ 12:36 am: A little story about life as coffee
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 @ 12:38 pm: Visitors through search engines
Monday, March 27, 2006 @ 4:41 pm: My new pre-owned golf set
Friday, March 24, 2006 @ 8:59 pm: Too much of a coincidence?