I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My eBay Singapore

The post today was supposed to be image-intensive, but the slow Internet connection at my home was really killing me. It took forever to upload the images and so i'm gonna leave that post to tomorrow.

Over the weekend, i put up something for sales on eBay Singapore. For the friends who know me very well, you all must be surprised at what i'm selling, Yes, i'm selling off my once-beloved "husband". The camera has been kept in the closet for years and i doubt i'm ever gonna use it again. The good ol' days of film SLR camera are long gone; if i have some cash to spare, i would get a digital SLR for sure.

But then, i think eBay Singapore may not be the place where i would be able to sell off the items. I had read in a blog before that e-bidding concept doesn't really work in Singapore and Malaysia. True enough, i received two emails from prospective buyers, one making a quick offer with a price grossly below what i've stated, and the other asking me to give him/her a call, which i believe was planning to make a bargain too.

I guess Singaporeans regard eBay as an advertising platform where sellers post up items for sales and buyers bargain for a lower price. It was kinda ironic because the price stated in eBay is supposed to be the lowest selling price and prospective buyers are supposed to bid for it at a higher price. With eBay Singapore working in such different way, it basically means that the bidding function is redundant and the sellers should put up a higher price for the buyers to bargain, pretty much like what we do at pasar.

Anyway, i'm not really that hard up for money (although more are always welcomed), neither am i anxiously wanting to get rid of the items. So i'm not gonna let the items go at any prices lower than what i've stated. I guess this means that i can just forget about anyone buying them then.

Oh well.

Labels: ,

Ya, I'd think so. That's why I didn't put my Avent pump on ebay. :)

Share your cogitation



Friday, March 31, 2006 @ 4:47 pm: To a dispirited friend
Friday, March 31, 2006 @ 12:36 am: A little story about life as coffee
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 @ 12:38 pm: Visitors through search engines
Monday, March 27, 2006 @ 4:41 pm: My new pre-owned golf set
Friday, March 24, 2006 @ 8:59 pm: Too much of a coincidence?
Thursday, March 23, 2006 @ 4:26 pm: An email to the consultant
Thursday, March 23, 2006 @ 3:07 am: Respecting a friend's choice of secrecy
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 @ 4:46 pm: About having kids
Monday, March 20, 2006 @ 1:19 pm: A new comb
Friday, March 17, 2006 @ 7:26 pm: PersonalDNA: I'm an Attentive Builder