I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Sigh...

Sometimes i wonder if family is more of a pillar of support or an undue burden to a person. I know of many people who are where they are today because of their families. I wasn't referring to the upbringing; i'm talking about being a victim of circumstances due to the family. These people i know could have lived a better or easier life if it's not for the obligations of their families.

Perhaps this sounds contradicting to what i wrote before about everyone having choices in lives, but it actually doesn't. There are still choices, and these people chose to be responsible beings. They could have chosen to forsake their families and live their own lives, but instead they chose a path so much more difficult and may not even be rewarding in the end. Yes, some people have it easy. They just walk out and can still live with themselves. Some people can't, and thus have to face the rigors brought forth by their choices.

I find myself entangled in such rough sledding that i feel handicapped, that i fear there will be no ending, that i worry if i'm about to hit the limit of my optimism soon (which wasn't much in the first place). Funny that whenever i start to feel my life is heading somewhere, it will yet again pull me back and remind me how much it sucks.

The same old concerns; the same old arguements; the same old disappointment; the same old bitterness. Simply because everything is just the same old way, and everyone is still the same old self. There might have been an illusion of changes, but it turned out to be merely a mirage. It's as if i'm stuck in a cycle, as if i'm living in an ever-repeating deja vu.

Yes, there are choices for me to break free, but the choices come with consequences that i don't wanna see. I can never face myself knowing that i live through my life by hurting someone who's dear to me. The choice seems to be obvious, yet i chose it not without reluctance or resentment. The choice seems to be the right one, yet it wasn't the most desirable to me.

All i need now is more strength, and definitely more doses of optimism. I know where to get it, it's just that i'm not sure how.

Labels: ,

hi friend I hope you are all right. remember we are behind you. LF

I'm ok now. Thanks. :)

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, May 02, 2006 @ 6:36 pm: More on my injured left hand
Thursday, April 27, 2006 @ 8:10 pm: Sprain of my left hand
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 @ 4:55 pm: My car was hit, again
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 @ 1:31 am: Queue-jumping jackass
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 @ 12:39 pm: Income tax matters
Monday, April 24, 2006 @ 12:11 am: What i did up north
Friday, April 21, 2006 @ 3:46 am: A realization when up north
Thursday, April 20, 2006 @ 2:29 am: An early long weekend
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 @ 3:32 am: Late for work
Monday, April 17, 2006 @ 5:33 pm: My thoughts on the cases of Fusarium keratitis