I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Annoying colleagues

Sometimes it's always good to keep our private lives away from the colleagues. Not that i have a secret life, but i don't particularly enjoy being the topic of discussion during their lunch time.

Last Thursday, 贝 and i had dinner at Causeway Point and i ran into one of my male colleagues. This was the first time he saw my boyfriend, and just as i had expected, he shared the story of this chance encounter with the other colleagues the very next day.

Well, everyone in the office knows that i'm attached so it's actually not a big deal. But what i found annoying was that when i was in the pantry with another colleague, she asked me cheekily with a suggestive smile, "Eh, so yesterday you went to pat tou huh?" And then followed by questions about what my boyfriend does for a living, how long we have been together, when we are getting married, yada yada yada... I'm pretty sure that my reply must have fed into their interesting chit-chat over lunch.

As if that was not enough, when i met the same colleague in the pantry again this morning, she again asked me brashly with that irritating smile where i pat tou last weekend. HEEEELLLLLOOOOO, my boyfriend and i stay together and we see each other everyday. So we pat tou everyday -- in the car on our way to and from work, in my mom's house when watching TV and having dinner, and on the bed... Hey, do i need to share every single freaking details of my private life with you?!!!

Gosh, was there nothing interesting on the newspaper to talk about other than my uneventful personal life? Sheesh!

Labels:

Perhaps she has an even more uneventful personal life. hehe.

By the way, where did you go pat tou last weekend? :P

Seriously though, how's the wisdom tooth? or the lack of it.

Food still get stuck and i gotta rinse repeatedly after every meal to get rid of it. But i can see that the gum is slowly covering up the tooth socket, so i just gotta be patient.

Share your cogitation



Monday, June 26, 2006 @ 2:41 am: Just for the record
Thursday, June 22, 2006 @ 1:02 pm: We're discourteous
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 @ 5:07 pm: Stitches removed
Monday, June 19, 2006 @ 5:58 pm: A sore loser
Saturday, June 17, 2006 @ 5:58 pm: Wisdom teeth removal
Friday, June 16, 2006 @ 8:17 pm: The fourth day
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 @ 10:15 pm: I'm sick of congee
Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 10:38 pm: I'm back alive
Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 3:06 pm: I'm nervous
Monday, June 12, 2006 @ 1:16 pm: One year old