I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Job hunting resumed

After kick-starting my job hunt more than a month ago, i kinda put it on halt just after sending out two applications. I realized that it was too early for me to start applying for jobs, as most companies that put up recruitment advertisements would require the vacancies to be filled up urgently. No company would wanna wait for three months for a person to be released from her contractual obligations.

So, after one-month break, the hunt is now resumed. Uh huh, i reckon the timing should be right now. I should really start searching seriously.

However, flipping through the newspaper and browsing through the online recruitment sites kinda made me lose my confidence in securing a new job before the end of my contract, which is just two months away. The Singapore government claimed that the market is good now. I guess it is, as compared to previous years. Yet, the jobs that i could actually apply for seemed to be quite limited. I'm not sure if it's because of my own inadequacies, or it's my high expectations. Somehow, i feel that it's both.

Anyway, i guess what i need now are plenty of patience and luck. Well, in fact, i need a lot of both.  

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Monday, July 03, 2006 @ 12:13 pm: Let it rain, rain, rain
Friday, June 30, 2006 @ 4:39 pm: Unenjoyable movie
Thursday, June 29, 2006 @ 4:48 pm: Free movie tickets
Thursday, June 29, 2006 @ 2:09 am: We were fined, again
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 @ 2:28 am: Two possibilities, or maybe three
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 @ 2:49 am: Annoying colleagues
Monday, June 26, 2006 @ 2:41 am: Just for the record
Thursday, June 22, 2006 @ 1:02 pm: We're discourteous
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 @ 5:07 pm: Stitches removed
Monday, June 19, 2006 @ 5:58 pm: A sore loser