I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

An interview and first day driving the new car

I was unwell again today, well, at least that was what i sms-ed my boss in the morning. Uh huh, i took urgent leave again to attend a job interview in the morning.

The company i went for the interview was a famous retail chain and they have just started the implementation of Navision. The solution center that's handling the project is my ex-employer. I guess that was why i was shortlisted for the interview, as i saw the interviewer circled that particular working experience in my resume.

The interview went ok. I was asked all the standard questions that i've been asked many times before. Perhaps the only possible blunder i might have made was when the interviewer asked me what i knew about the company that distinguished it from other retailers. I kinda made a wild guess by just saying something i knew about this retailer, and i wasn't too sure if i got it right.

After the interview, i sms-ed my ex-boss to inform him about this job interview, as i expected the interviewer would call him up for reference check. Indeed, my ex-boss called me in the afternoon and told me that the interviewer had contacted him and he has given his honest opinion about me. He thought i should have a high chance in being selected, but alerted me that the prospective boss might not be as good a person as he appeared to be. As it wasn't convenient to talk over the phone, he said we could meet up if i was interested in this job and wanted more information.

Anyway, i received a call in the evening from that company again asking me to go for a second interview on next Monday afternoon. So i gotta cook up some excuse to leave earlier or maybe to take half-day off on next Monday.

贝 also took the afternoon off today to complete his PR application process. Oh boy, all i wanna say is that the whole process was an agonizing 3 hours of waiting. We didn't expect it to take such a long time (as i couldn't recall it took me this long when i did mine the last time) and thus we didn't have our lunch. By the time he got it done and we finally could take our lunch, it was already 5pm.

After lunch (or dinner), i drove 贝 to the driving school to register for the driving theory test (yes, today was the first day i drove our new car into Singapore). Now that he's a PR, he can't drive a Malaysian car anymore. He also can't drive Singapore car without a Singapore driving license. So he gotta get his driving license converted as soon as possible, but the bad news was that the earliest available test date is 1-November!

This means that i would have to drive for another two months before 贝 could resume driving. That is a horrible news to me. Any gals who have driven a guy before would know what kind of torture it is. Nothing we do can ever be right. The guy would just criticize the way we drive all the way. I was so pressurized when 贝 was beside me in the car. Suddenly, he just turned into a driving test conductor, and i have a feeling that i was constantly being judged, or i was on a never-ending driving test. Gosh, i just hope he could get his Singapore driving license soon and i could be relieved from this agony.

Labels: , ,

Share your cogitation



Monday, September 18, 2006 @ 2:48 am: A trip to cat city -- Day 2 (II)
Friday, September 15, 2006 @ 3:26 am: Not a happy day
Thursday, September 14, 2006 @ 1:50 am: A happy day ahead
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 @ 2:21 am: My Martian's confession
Monday, September 11, 2006 @ 2:55 am: Is there a problem in our relationship?
Friday, September 08, 2006 @ 2:12 am: A trip to cat city -- Day 2 (I)
Thursday, September 07, 2006 @ 3:13 am: COE bidding result
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 @ 3:34 am: More sian
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 @ 3:03 am: COE bidding
Monday, September 04, 2006 @ 3:29 am: Feeling sian