I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Calling in sick yesterday

I took urgent leave yesterday (yes, again) with the same excuse reason of not feeling well. This would probably be the last time i'm calling in sick at the last minute in this company.

So why i didn't go to work yesterday, other than feeling sian with the company? Well, 贝 took leave to go golfing with KT, and he had been urging me to stay at home to rest as well. Initially i had wanted to go to work alone, but he told me that since i'm leaving the company soon, i should take as much rest as possible while i still can before starting the new job. I was feeling rather tired anyway so he did successfully persuade me.

However, mom has always felt uneasy whenever i fake being sick to take urgent leave. She thinks it's really suay to say i'm sick when i'm not, as i may really get sick by doing that. It's like a superstitious kind of thing.

Then true enough, i got a bad headache since i woke up yesterday, and it worsened through the day. I was still feeling mild headache when i woke up this morning but it's ok now. I don't think it has anything to do with mom's superstition coming true though. I think it was more because of the heat and me looking at the computer screen for too long. Oh ya, my addiction to reading manga has not subsided, and that kinda worried 贝. From what i see, there will still be some time before the addiction goes away.

A side note on 贝's performance on golfing yesterday, he scored 144 shots for the 18-hole game. It was not too bad considering this was his first real game on the golf course. I wonder if i could even keep it under 200 shots if i were to play a full game. We'll see this Sunday when we play at Daiman golf course, that is if it doesn't rain again. (Mental note to self: DO NOT wash the car the day before the game.)

Labels: , ,

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, October 17, 2006 @ 3:46 am: Washing car, golfing, and raining
Sunday, October 15, 2006 @ 8:22 pm: Tipsy, golfing, and another new toy
Friday, October 13, 2006 @ 2:50 pm: Our differences
Thursday, October 12, 2006 @ 3:47 am: No water supply
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 @ 4:27 am: Never trust the management
Monday, October 09, 2006 @ 9:27 pm: A character flaw
Friday, October 06, 2006 @ 6:11 pm: Interesting news i heard on radio
Friday, October 06, 2006 @ 1:30 pm: Resignation confirmed
Thursday, October 05, 2006 @ 3:56 am: A new journey but i'm leaving
Monday, October 02, 2006 @ 6:54 pm: The past weekend