I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, November 03, 2006

The new colleagues and new boss

My butt hurts, no thanks to the fall yesterday.


I think i have a bunch of colleagues who are politely nice. You know, the type that aren't nasty but not exactly warm or friendly either. I figured that they probably thought the same about me too.

None of the colleagues in my department asked me along for lunch today. I'm also not the kind of outgoing person who would approach people when there wasn't any welcoming sign. It would be really awkward if i just tagged along when people didn't ask and weren't expecting so.

I've been lunching alone at work for more than one year in my previous job. 贝 had told me to be more sociable and make sure that i have lunch partners for this new job. But given my ungregarious disposition and my colleagues' less than friendly attitude towards me, i guess there would be still quite some time before i can be accepted into their circle.

Anyway, it's just the second day. Let's see how it goes.

Even though my colleagues didn't ask me to join them for lunch, i did have someone to lunch with me today. My angmo boss gave me a treat, and i presumed it was a welcome lunch kind of thing. We talked a bit about work and chatted some casual stuffs, which i actually found more relaxing than lunching with the group of colleagues yesterday. At least i got some conversation going rather than just sitting there being regarded as invisible and listening to people talking about things that i didn't understand at all.

During the lunch, my boss told me that he had wanted to offer me the job on the spot at the day of my first interview, but he thought it wasn't too nice to the other candidates whose interviews had already been arranged. He also thought that his boss would still wanna talk to me first, so he withheld his offer at that time.

I then told him that i thought i didn't have a chance after the second interview with his boss because i thought i've done badly. By telling him that, i was actually hoping to find out what his boss said about me after the interview. Too bad that he didn't divulge anything, so i couldn't gauge the big boss's impression of me. Anyway, perhaps it's still too early to tell, but i think i have a good immediate boss, while i still have my reservation on my boss's boss.

The consultants will be coming to our office tomorrow and one of them is my ex-colleague. I'm not particularly looking forward to see her, but i gotta get use to it since i'll have to deal with the consultants very frequently from now on.

The HR lady informed me about the induction program that was scheduled for the next few working days, starting from tomorrow afternoon. The so-called induction is just having half-an-hour meetings with all the Directors and Managers individually, and they are to brief me on the responsibilities of their respective work areas.

Frankly, that's the oddest induction that i've encountered so far. The HR personnel didn't show me around the company, and no one has guided me on some of the basic things in the office such as how to use the phone. I had to even ask for the network login and emails. Apparently the only thing they deemed necessary for me was to speak with all the big shots of the company. Hmm, that's peculiar indeed.

Labels:

Remember to wear sexy sexy during induction ! LOL!

Share your cogitation



Thursday, November 02, 2006 @ 3:23 am: First day at work
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 @ 3:52 am: Getting ready for tomorrow
Saturday, October 28, 2006 @ 4:06 am: The last day at work
Friday, October 27, 2006 @ 4:15 am: One more day to go
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 @ 6:06 pm: A farewell to an erstwhile friend
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 @ 3:38 am: Counting down
Monday, October 23, 2006 @ 4:04 am: Golfing today
Friday, October 20, 2006 @ 4:31 am: I'm a woman
Wednesday, October 18, 2006 @ 6:28 pm: Calling in sick yesterday
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 @ 3:46 am: Washing car, golfing, and raining