I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Stress and toothache

贝 was on leave today to get the letter from JPJ that was required for the conversion of his driving license. Then when i got home this evening, i saw that he fell sick over the day. Hope he would be alright tomorrow.


I'm starting to feel lost and minor stress in my job (and i haven't even done any real work yet so far). Ya, i know, it's only the forth day and i'm still new to the company, but the problem is that i'm under the pressure to perform. Pressure from whom, you may ask. Well, from myself mainly, as well as from everyone else in the company. Everyone keeps calling me Navision expert and that really gives me some unnecessary stress.

This new system is so highly customized for the retail industry that i probably don't know half of the available features. I'm not sure if the management understands this at all, or are they expecting me to already know this system inside out. And no one bothers about me at all. I'm left alone to do my own things everyday since everyone else is busy with a mega project. I'm doing my best to pick up whatever i need to know about the business, yet i'm not sure how best i can go about it since no one seems to have the time and patience for me. So i'm digging out whatever documents there are to read on my own. Hopefully with my foundation in the system, i'll be able to become the real expert very soon -- or at least know enough to bull my way through.

Not sure if stress has anything to do with it, but i'm starting to feel some discomfort and sometimes even aching in the last tooth at the right side of my jaw (the one that was adjacent to the first removed wisdom tooth). I think the cavity caused by the impacted wisdom tooth was really bad and food remnants get trapped easily. It's probably starting to decay and hence the pain. I wonder if i'm gonna lose this tooth too. If so, then what was it about removing the impacted wisdom tooth to save the adjacent tooth? It seems like the adjacent tooth was already badly damaged that it was already too late and i'm gonna lose it anyhow.

Well, i probably shouldn't have postponed doing the tooth filling after the surgery. In fact, there are lotta things that i should and shouldn't have done to avoid being caught in the current plight, one of which is to remove the impacted wisdom teeth earlier. Ya, i know, it's too late to say all these now. I'll just have to make appointment with the dentist again. Now that i can't leave office earlier, i can only visit the dentist after knocking off from work, which means that i'll have to stay late in Singapore for one day and probably have dinner there as well. So you see, there are indeed some good aspects about my previous job that i'll definitely miss.

Labels: , ,

Share your cogitation



Monday, November 06, 2006 @ 4:26 am: The past weekend
Friday, November 03, 2006 @ 3:51 am: The new colleagues and new boss
Thursday, November 02, 2006 @ 3:23 am: First day at work
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 @ 3:52 am: Getting ready for tomorrow
Saturday, October 28, 2006 @ 4:06 am: The last day at work
Friday, October 27, 2006 @ 4:15 am: One more day to go
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 @ 6:06 pm: A farewell to an erstwhile friend
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 @ 3:38 am: Counting down
Monday, October 23, 2006 @ 4:04 am: Golfing today
Friday, October 20, 2006 @ 4:31 am: I'm a woman