I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

In anticipation of a new work place

The company has organized a visit to our new work place for all support staff for today and tomorrow. I'll be going tomorrow and gotta be at a MRT station early in the morning where the company bus is fetching us. The company bus will send us back to the office in the afternoon after the visit. I plan to park my car in the company and then take the public bus to the MRT station to catch the company bus. So i gotta be really early tomorrow.

Our new building is ready and we are counting down to the grand opening. All support staff will occupy the top floor whereas the lower floors are the retail stores. I'm sure looking forward to working in the new office because our current one is really old and i dislike the place where i'm sitting now. It's at the end of the corridor with the exit to the staircase and toilet just around the corner. There's no privacy as many people pass by my seat to access the toilet and the smoking area (just outside the exit of the staircase). Sometimes if the door isn't closed, the air will be filled with the smell of cigarettes, which i couldn't stand at all. I just hope my seating arrangement in the new office will be better.

Yet, the downside for moving to the new office will be the distance of travelling. I'll be entering Singapore from the west (through 2nd Link) and then drive all the way to the east. I heard from my colleagues that there's traffic congestion on the express ways every morning. I can't imagine how many hours it's gonna take me to commute to work day in day out in the future. I'll probably have to fill up the fuel tank too before returning to JB, as i may not be able to meet the three-quarter fuel tank regulation considering the distance that i need to travel.

Oh well, i guess that's the price i gotta pay for getting a higher pay. So i'm not complaining.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Monday, December 04, 2006 @ 1:15 pm: Switched to Blogger in beta
Friday, December 01, 2006 @ 4:31 am: I'm tired
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 @ 4:29 am: Make sure the boss is informed on everything
Monday, November 27, 2006 @ 4:13 am: Another Vidal Sassoon hair straightener
Friday, November 24, 2006 @ 4:10 am: I'm so sleepy
Thursday, November 23, 2006 @ 4:52 am: Just reached home
Tuesday, November 21, 2006 @ 4:48 am: I hate office politics
Monday, November 20, 2006 @ 3:26 am: What we bought from the fair
Saturday, November 18, 2006 @ 3:40 am: Don't test my limit (and i'm going to KL!)
Thursday, November 16, 2006 @ 4:16 am: Offending a colleague