I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A book i read

Over the weekend, i finally finished reading a book that i've been reading for almost half-a-year:

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee


Don't be mistaken. It wasn't because it's no good that it took me this long to finish it. I just didn't have much time to read, or rather, whenever i did have some time, i would spend it doing something else.

Anyway, i'm not gonna do a book review here, but this is indeed an excellent work. I like the story, the humour, and the message that it conveys. It kinda got me thinking about how it was like living in that era when racism was something of a norm and accepted by the society.

But then, even until today, racism is still everywhere. I can't say that i'm not guilty of it sometimes. I wasn't like that before, yet having been in the society for so long, i became the mockingbird that was killed. And i guess in a way, we once were all mockingbirds, but not anymore.

Labels: ,

I like this book too. Have even watch the movie. A story that begs us to examine ourselves. Always believe that part of our purpose in life is to recognise our own social conditioning and discard those that are not useful to humankind.

Heavy topics aside, lets touch on painful ones. How are your bruises? Look pretty scary to me.

Your purpose in life is way too noble for me. I'm a simple and selfish person. So my purpose in life is just to eat, sleep, love, be loved, have fun, and make everyone (especially myself) happy. :P

The bruises had cleared already, but i'll probably be going for another round of therapy again this weekend. More scary bruises to come.

Share your cogitation



Monday, January 08, 2007 @ 3:18 am: Singapore is a small country
Saturday, January 06, 2007 @ 3:01 am: Disappointed users and boss
Thursday, January 04, 2007 @ 3:57 am: Three upsetting events
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 @ 3:42 am: My first cupping therapy
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 @ 4:12 am: New year's resolutions 2007
Monday, January 01, 2007 @ 4:36 am: Year 2006 in retrospect
Saturday, December 30, 2006 @ 3:42 am: Going to KL
Friday, December 29, 2006 @ 3:42 am: My ex-work place
Thursday, December 28, 2006 @ 4:05 am: Raining, year end
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 @ 4:40 am: Raining again