I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Not gelling well

I like my current work place albeit the distance.

I decided not to comment on my feeling about the new work place since it's only the second day i started working there. I shall wait for a few more weeks before making judgement.

One thing for sure though, i realized i didn't particularly enjoy sitting together with all the colleagues of my department. Previously in the old office, my desk was at a corner and some of the colleagues of my department were sitting at a different floor. Now that we have relocated, we have a whole area to ourselves beside the big server room. Everyone can see everyone else with just one glance. However, i feel so out of place sometimes as i simply can't feel that they include me as part of the group.

It's my third month in this company and i still can't integrate into the inner circle of my department. Ironically, i seemed to be getting along better with the colleagues from other departments. If everyone in the company is cold towards me, then i can say the problem lies with me. But if i could get so well-acquainted with the people from other departments and yet not with my own, i couldn't help but wonder if the colleagues from my department simply don't like me, which is so bizarre because i'm normally very likable.  

I know that f*cking senior for sure dislikes me since he has been ignoring me even when i greeted him, but who gives a shit about him anyway. In fact, i shouldn't f*cking care about what all of them think of me at all. I've been on my own for so long in my previous job, so i was already well trained for not talking to anyone for the whole day or lunching alone. Not gelling with the team and not having any friends in the company? Big deal!

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, January 16, 2007 @ 3:31 am: A quick update
Monday, January 15, 2007 @ 3:52 am: A new work place tomorrow
Friday, January 12, 2007 @ 3:52 am: Moving tomorrow
Thursday, January 11, 2007 @ 3:21 am: Interesting news i heard on radio
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 @ 3:20 am: A book i read
Monday, January 08, 2007 @ 3:18 am: Singapore is a small country
Saturday, January 06, 2007 @ 3:01 am: Disappointed users and boss
Thursday, January 04, 2007 @ 3:57 am: Three upsetting events
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 @ 3:42 am: My first cupping therapy
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 @ 4:12 am: New year's resolutions 2007