I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, February 12, 2007

Good news from last Friday

I left office at around 10.30pm on Friday. Poor 贝 had been waiting for me at my uncle's place in Woodlands for hours. I felt so bad about it. I'll most likely still be busy with work like this for months to come, so i think it's a must now to move in to Singapore.

A piece of good news is that 贝 has found a new job. He went to a job interview on Friday morning, and was offered the post just hours later before lunch time. Amazingly, the company offered him SGD400 more than what he had stated as his expected salary. With some added allowances, he is gonna draw 55%+ more than what he's getting now. He totally broke my record.

He started hunting for job last month and managed to secure one just within two months. Even after he got the job, he still received calls asking him for interviews. The job market in Singapore seems to be good, so it's a good time to change job now.

His new job will probably be rather demanding too, which means that it also justifies our needs to stay in Singapore. We would start with renting a place first instead of buying, since we aren't gonna get married yet, and won't be able to scoop out a sum for down-payment. We are gonna ask around to see if it's possible to get a place with cheap rent through acquaintances. Hopefully with 贝's good luck (he said year 2007 is his year), we can find a place that's good and inexpensive.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Friday, February 09, 2007 @ 5:00 am: Working late
Thursday, February 08, 2007 @ 2:49 am: Random update
Tuesday, February 06, 2007 @ 3:28 am: Speechless over lunch
Monday, February 05, 2007 @ 4:37 am: The past week (and my birthday gifts)
Thursday, February 01, 2007 @ 7:03 pm: Thirty-two
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 @ 3:33 am: Ex getting married
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 @ 4:26 am: Failing my resolutions
Monday, January 29, 2007 @ 4:29 am: The past weekend
Friday, January 26, 2007 @ 3:59 am: Spending too much
Thursday, January 25, 2007 @ 4:19 am: I'm not a Singaporean