I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Random update

Was having headache since yesterday afternoon, and so i called in sick today and stayed at home. I guess i didn't have enough rest before my menses and hence i'm feeling unwell this month. Sometimes i really hate being a woman.

I was fined for not paying my income tax. I received the notice last year and thought i would pay for it later. Then i forgot all about it and thought i had already paid for it. So i was fined 5% for late payment. Sigh, that's the price to pay for being so muddle-headed.

After paying the income tax, i realized that i wouldn't be able to return the money to 贝 before CNY as what i've originally planned. So this laptop that i'm using actually belong to him until i clear the debt. I really suck in financial planning, or rather, i have no planning at all. Just spend as i like. And to think that i was a business grad. Even 贝, a purely technical person, have better financial planning than me.

贝 is the one who monitors our joined spending. According to him, once the Malaysian government starts charging foreign vehicle the RM20 entry fee, we can consider moving in to Singapore if the expenses of staying there don't exceed SGD600. That also depends on the pay that 贝 will get for his next job. Uh huh, he's looking for job now and hopefully he can find a good one very soon.

Labels: ,

I believe with your bf and your cpf, you may want to consider purchasing a place in Singapore if costs is your consideration. You do not need to come up with much cash if you purchase via your cpf.

I remember income derived from Singapore in year 2004, 2005, and 2006 should be exempted from tax. I remember writing to the income tax office to enquire how I should declare in the form then. The email reply from the office was that -- those working in SG should just place 0 amount in the income. I still keep the emails for evidence purpose.
Also, JB is getting very very chaotic nowadays, I think it's better you stay there so long as the cost of living in SG doesn't exceed " JB's cost of living + mental stress created by the traffic + cost of being robbed/snatched, etc etc ".

Fat4, i would need to come up with a sum for down payment if i buy a place. That's the killer.

Anonymous, i was fined by the Singapore government. As for the Malaysian tax, i didn't receive any notice after i did the filing. I guess that means i don't have to pay anything for the Malaysian income tax.

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, February 06, 2007 @ 3:28 am: Speechless over lunch
Monday, February 05, 2007 @ 4:37 am: The past week (and my birthday gifts)
Thursday, February 01, 2007 @ 7:03 pm: Thirty-two
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 @ 3:33 am: Ex getting married
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 @ 4:26 am: Failing my resolutions
Monday, January 29, 2007 @ 4:29 am: The past weekend
Friday, January 26, 2007 @ 3:59 am: Spending too much
Thursday, January 25, 2007 @ 4:19 am: I'm not a Singaporean
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 @ 4:06 am: Fagged out by commuting
Monday, January 22, 2007 @ 4:26 am: Extra money