I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, March 12, 2007

I have a witty boss

Tomorrow will be 贝's first day at work for his new job. Wish him the best of luck!


Our yearly appraisal and pay increment is in March. The company implemented a new appraisal system this year, whereby employees are supposed to initiate our own appraisal, i.e. we were to arrange a time with our boss for the performance review.

Since i'm still under probation, HR told me that this round of appraisal isn't applicable to me. I'll just have to wait till the end of April for my confirmation appraisal, which also means that i'll miss the yearly pay increment this year.

But then on last Friday, my boss sent a meeting request through Outlook to set a day for my appraisal. I was puzzled and thought my boss had forgotten that i'm still under probation.

So i told him, "About the appraisal, HR told me that i don't have to do it since i'm not confirmed yet."

Then my boss paused for a moment and mischievously asked me, "So do you wanna argue with me or with HR?"

I was rather amused and replied with a soliloquy, "Ooookaaay, NEVER argue with your boss."

He then smiled. We both got the points.

I enjoy working for a witty boss.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Friday, March 09, 2007 @ 3:26 am: Strike out with golfing
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 @ 3:54 am: A disappointing film
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 @ 3:42 am: Random update
Monday, March 05, 2007 @ 4:36 am: Car problem
Monday, March 05, 2007 @ 3:33 am: Last Friday at work
Friday, March 02, 2007 @ 3:22 am: Trivia of my uneventful day
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 @ 11:50 pm: New colleagues
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 @ 3:16 am: Back to work
Saturday, February 24, 2007 @ 4:54 am: The five days of CNY
Sunday, February 18, 2007 @ 6:15 am: Eve of CNY