I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, April 30, 2007

My confirmation appraisal

The confirmation appraisal went well. My boss gave me all positive feedback and didn't say a single bad thing about my job performance. He said i have shown myself to be a self-starter and my knowledge in the system is the determinant on the success of the new system implementation. He quoted the emails i sent out the day before as examples, where i suggested solutions to some problems that were deemed insolvable. Actually i intentionally did that on the evening before my appraisal just to re-emphasize my value. See, i could be manipulative too when i wanted to be.

He then said that he wasn't a religious person but he considered the company and himself blessed to have hired me. That was very flattering, coming from a director who has been with the company for more than a decade. But then, not that i wanna harp on the performance rating, i just don't understand if i'm so good like what he said, then why he rated me as "Commendable" instead of "Outstanding"?

Talk about harping on things, when i was telling 贝 about my appraisal, he kept saying that i should have asked for a confirmation increment. I told him that it wasn't my company policy to have pay increment upon confirmation, but he said i should have asked for it nonetheless. While i was happily telling him what my boss had said to me, he asked me repeatedly what the point was of saying all the good words without any real rewards. He said nothing beats appreciation in monetary form. Sometimes, he could be so mercenary that it was just scary.

贝 hasn't fully recovered from his flu yet. Yesterday, he woke up with sore eyes again and my mom almost freaked out seeing him in the morning. He went to see the doctor again, for the forth time in two weeks time. I think i'm really lucky that i didn't get the flu from him (touch wood!) even though we stay together and i've been working late without enough rest. Gotta drink more water and have more Vitamin C to keep myself strong. The same goes to everyone since it's the influenza season now.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Friday, April 27, 2007 @ 3:16 am: My performance is "Commendable"
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 @ 3:19 am: So what else is new?
Monday, April 23, 2007 @ 3:06 am: The past weekend
Friday, April 20, 2007 @ 2:32 am: Work pressure
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 @ 4:31 pm: I'm NOT sorry
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 @ 3:53 am: The saddest moment
Monday, April 16, 2007 @ 3:17 am: Asian Badminton Championship 2007
Thursday, April 12, 2007 @ 2:24 am: After moving in
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 @ 3:13 am: Back online
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 @ 2:56 am: The past (long) weekend