I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, April 27, 2007

My performance is "Commendable"

贝 was on medical leave again yesterday. He woke up with his eyes red and swollen (no, it wasn't because he cried). The doctor told him that it was caused by the flu that he has been having for more than a week. Seriously, i've never heard of flu-induced sore eyes. This probably means that his flu was really serious until it affected the eyes.

My boss has finally re-arranged the appraisal time with me for tomorrow. We missed the last appraisal meeting due to the busy schedule of fighting computer virus and implementing new system. So i basically missed the annual increment and gotta wait for another year for any changes in my pay.

The appraisal tomorrow is for my confirmation. Can't believe that i've been here for six months already. Gee, at my age, the sound of time is no longer tick tick tick but whoosh whoosh whoosh.

My boss can be rather messy sometimes. He always has paper scattering around on his desk. He told me that i made a critical mistake in placing the appraisal form (with the self-assessment section filled up already) on his desk because he could no longer find it. He said he was sure that it was kept at a safe place but he just couldn't recall where that safe place was. I retorted with a smile and a declaration to the colleagues around me that the lesson to be learnt here was that never ever leave anything on my boss's desk, unless they really want it to never be found again.

Anyway, he printed out another appraisal form and wrote down the scores. He handed it to me and asked me to fill in my portion for the appraisal meeting tomorrow. I was happy to see that he gave me a rather good review, with a lot of 4's and some 5's on my performance scoring (with 5 being the highest score). Yet, my total weighted score came up to be 81.8%, which only got me a B rating that means "Commendable". That is about 9 points short of getting the A rating of "Outstanding". Darn, i'm not an outstanding employee. That's pretty sad to know.

If there's any comfort i found in that appraisal form, it would be the word "Manager" written in the column of "Career Path in 2 - 3 years time". I can't be sure if i'll still be around by that time though. And no, in case you are wondering, having that doubt in my mind doesn't make me a job hopper, ok?!

Labels: , ,

Come on, Pin jie... "commendable" is commendable.

And what's wrong with your bf, he seems to be sick for sometime now. Are you giving him a hard time. :P

Well, i think anything falls short of "outstanding" is not commendable.

And about my bf, i'm wondering if he hasn't been having enough exercise. Maybe i should give him more hard time instead. :P

Share your cogitation



Wednesday, April 25, 2007 @ 3:19 am: So what else is new?
Monday, April 23, 2007 @ 3:06 am: The past weekend
Friday, April 20, 2007 @ 2:32 am: Work pressure
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 @ 4:31 pm: I'm NOT sorry
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 @ 3:53 am: The saddest moment
Monday, April 16, 2007 @ 3:17 am: Asian Badminton Championship 2007
Thursday, April 12, 2007 @ 2:24 am: After moving in
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 @ 3:13 am: Back online
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 @ 2:56 am: The past (long) weekend
Thursday, April 05, 2007 @ 12:58 pm: I'm pissed