I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

It's a success, i think

Our project manager asked me today if i consider the system implementation successful. I told him that i do think it was a success despite the various issues that are yet to resolve.

I think it's normal to have problems at such early stage of system implementation. Most if not all projects would have to go through such stage. The problems that we are having over these past few days were actually comparatively in smaller scale and of lesser impact to operation. So, yes, i do consider it successful.

Of course, i do have my reservation when i made that statement. There's one particular issue that's rather major and failing to resolve it may mean absolute resentment from the users. Resistance to change is always one of the main contributors to the users' negative perception on the system. So one single bad point can easily nullify one hundred good points of the new system over the old one.

Anyway, in the end, what i think isn't really important. It's what my boss and my boss's boss think that counts.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Monday, May 28, 2007 @ 2:31 am: The past weekend
Thursday, May 24, 2007 @ 9:44 pm: Record breaking
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 @ 3:28 am: Postponed
Friday, May 18, 2007 @ 3:12 am: Paying my dues
Thursday, May 17, 2007 @ 1:53 am: Very busy
Monday, May 14, 2007 @ 2:41 am: Sick
Thursday, May 10, 2007 @ 2:55 am: The flu bug is everywhere
Monday, May 07, 2007 @ 3:15 am: Passing judgement
Saturday, May 05, 2007 @ 3:22 am: Busy
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 @ 3:47 am: 贝's family coming to visit