I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, May 07, 2007

Passing judgement

Sometimes it's painful to see how mom is being overly critical of my cousins' behaviours. It's really tiring to listen to her criticizing them as well as their parents, who are her own brothers and sisters.

Yes, to hear about how spoilt and immature my cousins are infuriates me too, but aren't most youngsters nowadays like that? They spend more than they can earn; they think the world owes them a living; they do not know how to respect their elders; they don't plan for their future and don't understand that things in life don't come easy.

Do i blame them for growing up to become like this? Maybe, but i blame their parents more. How they behave today was the result of their upbringing. My uncles and aunts weren't exactly the perfect parents who provided good guidance to their children.

Yet, even though i'm not a religious person, i think we should all learn the teaching of Jesus - "let him who is without sin cast the first stone".

Mom is not the person who should be judging them, because my brother isn't any good either compared to any of my cousins. It's really beyond me how mom can conveniently forget about the faults of her own son and crucify the others of not being the perfect sons and parents. I wonder how she would feel if she hears my uncles and aunts passing judgement on her son and her being a parent.

If there's one thing she gotta learn, it's that "treat others as thou wouldst be treated. What thou likest not for thyself, dispense not to others."

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Saturday, May 05, 2007 @ 3:22 am: Busy
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 @ 3:47 am: 贝's family coming to visit
Monday, April 30, 2007 @ 3:06 am: My confirmation appraisal
Friday, April 27, 2007 @ 3:16 am: My performance is "Commendable"
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 @ 3:19 am: So what else is new?
Monday, April 23, 2007 @ 3:06 am: The past weekend
Friday, April 20, 2007 @ 2:32 am: Work pressure
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 @ 4:31 pm: I'm NOT sorry
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 @ 3:53 am: The saddest moment
Monday, April 16, 2007 @ 3:17 am: Asian Badminton Championship 2007