I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, May 18, 2007

Paying my dues

The system went live with one particular module yesterday without much problems. I took that as a good omen for the implementation of the remaining modules.

Other than some hiccups here and there, i'm beginning to have more confidence in system going live next week. My boss was especially happy, telling me that we are finally getting a new system after so many years. That's great you know, not too much about having a new system but keeping the boss in a happy mood.

With Phase-I reaching a milestone, the consultants will get paid very soon. Frankly, i think they should pay me instead for making this possible. The consultants assigned to us were either not getting along well with our users, or not having enough knowledge of the system. I gotta mediate between the users and consultants, as well as come up with solutions that the consultants (often) deemed insolvable. Of course, i'm not sure if my ex-ex-boss, who is the boss of the solution center, knows that i've helped the consultants a lot, and even doing a lot of work that was supposed to be the job of the consultants.

But then, i owed it to him for gaining the knowledge of this system. I take it as i'm repaying him for the unhappy incidents that i might have caused.

No, i still don't think what i had done was entirely wrong. Standing up for what i believe in, voicing out my grievances when there's injustice, insisting on my rights, fighting for my freedom... i truely believe that i was doing all these when i went through hell to break free from that company. But in the process of doing so, i've caused problems to others. From their point of view, it was a misdeed on my part. So whatever karma that may arise due to my past action should be cleared with my present action. It should not be carried over to my next life, well, not that i'm a believer of reincarnation or what.

Anyway, life works in a funny way.

This reminds me of a Chinese novel i read recently. The lead character in the story said that the dream of her life is that at her deathbed, she could smile and say, "haha, that has been fun", and then give out her last breath and die.

Well, aren't we all just having fun?!

Counting down to system live date... 6 days to go.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Thursday, May 17, 2007 @ 1:53 am: Very busy
Monday, May 14, 2007 @ 2:41 am: Sick
Thursday, May 10, 2007 @ 2:55 am: The flu bug is everywhere
Monday, May 07, 2007 @ 3:15 am: Passing judgement
Saturday, May 05, 2007 @ 3:22 am: Busy
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 @ 3:47 am: 贝's family coming to visit
Monday, April 30, 2007 @ 3:06 am: My confirmation appraisal
Friday, April 27, 2007 @ 3:16 am: My performance is "Commendable"
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 @ 3:19 am: So what else is new?
Monday, April 23, 2007 @ 3:06 am: The past weekend