I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Postponed

Had been working till 10pm+ for these past two days. Tomorrow may be even later.

We should be doing the final system migration today, and when everyone gets back to the company tomorrow morning, we are supposed to be using the new system already. Unfortunately, data migration for the Finance department was unsatisfactory and we gotta push the live date back by one day.

Last night, when my boss got to know that there was no way the system could go live on Wednesday, his face just turned sour. At that point of time, we weren't sure about how long the postponement would be. Then this morning, we were all rushing like mad for getting the data right so that he could break the news to the big boss, with a revised live date of course. Luckily it was just delayed by one day, so it didn't look too bad on our department.

I appreciate the fact that no one pointed fingers at the other departments for the delay. We just worked together to get the data right without finding faults. I do, however, blame the Finance department in my heart for the delay, since i've been rushing them to check the data and even highlighted that their failure to do so might be a show stopper. To my dismay, my prediction came true. Tell me how not to fault them when it was something that was already foreseen and yet they didn't do their best to avoid it?!

Anyway, it's gonna be another long day tomorrow, or maybe for the rest of the week. I just hope that everything can go smoothly without any more undesirable surprises.

Labels:

Hang in there :)... everything go well.

Share your cogitation



Friday, May 18, 2007 @ 3:12 am: Paying my dues
Thursday, May 17, 2007 @ 1:53 am: Very busy
Monday, May 14, 2007 @ 2:41 am: Sick
Thursday, May 10, 2007 @ 2:55 am: The flu bug is everywhere
Monday, May 07, 2007 @ 3:15 am: Passing judgement
Saturday, May 05, 2007 @ 3:22 am: Busy
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 @ 3:47 am: 贝's family coming to visit
Monday, April 30, 2007 @ 3:06 am: My confirmation appraisal
Friday, April 27, 2007 @ 3:16 am: My performance is "Commendable"
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 @ 3:19 am: So what else is new?