I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, May 14, 2007

Sick

Sore throat. Runny nose. Burning eyes. Phlegm. Headache. Tiredness.

These were the symptoms that i've been having for the past few days. Uh huh, i'm having a cold. *sniff sniff*

Despite drinking lots of water and sucking on lozenges, the sore throat got worse on Thursday. So i went to see the company panel doctor and was given some medication. The doctor asked if i needed MC, which was really strange considering that i wasn't having a fever and the sore throat wasn't very serious either. I declined and went back to work.

Then on Friday, i realized that i should have taken the MC. I had a terrible headache and was too tired to get up. I called in sick (but without an MC so will have to take my own leave instead) and stayed at home to rest. My absence caused a delay in the project schedule and i felt really bad about it. 贝 said it's really pathetic that a project timeline could be affected by just one person and that's not healthy for a company. I couldn't agree more.

For this whole weekend, i didn't do much since i'm still sick. In fact, i'm still not feeling well now even though i've almost finished all the prescribed medicine. The sore throat has more or less subsided, but i got this runny nose and teary eyes that just made me feel tired. I think i'll have to see the doctor again tomorrow.

That's the thing i noticed about the doctors in Singapore. They always start with giving very light dosage of medicine if it's your first visit. The medicine hardly work for the first time. We always gotta go back to them for the second or even the third time before the sickness can be fully cured. I heard from my colleagues that there may be legal implications if the doctors were to give strong medicine from the start. They would increase the dosage with every returning visit, so that they have a record of why the lighter dosage didn't work. I'm not sure if this is true, but i think that's rather ineffective from the patient's point of view. I could have suffered less days if the doctor gave me stronger medicine, instead of now i'm still feeling sick.

Anyway, no matter how unwell i am tomorrow, i still gotta go to work. We can't afford any more delays in the project schedule, and i wouldn't wanna be the culprit who causes the delay.

Counting down to system live date... 9 days to go.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Thursday, May 10, 2007 @ 2:55 am: The flu bug is everywhere
Monday, May 07, 2007 @ 3:15 am: Passing judgement
Saturday, May 05, 2007 @ 3:22 am: Busy
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 @ 3:47 am: 贝's family coming to visit
Monday, April 30, 2007 @ 3:06 am: My confirmation appraisal
Friday, April 27, 2007 @ 3:16 am: My performance is "Commendable"
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 @ 3:19 am: So what else is new?
Monday, April 23, 2007 @ 3:06 am: The past weekend
Friday, April 20, 2007 @ 2:32 am: Work pressure
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 @ 4:31 pm: I'm NOT sorry