I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Business trip (III)

It's 11.01pm, Thursday.

I'll be going back to Singapore tomorrow. Funny how i said "going back" as if Singapore is my home. Well, compared to KL, i really feel that Singapore is more like a home to me, but i'll elaborate on that in another post.

Anyway, there was a bad news for me.

Yesterday, my boss's boss asked me to come to KL again for next week. Oh, i didn't mention that my boss is back in Singapore but his boss is in KL for this week. On Tuesday, i informed him about one of the problems in the system and suggested that the problem could be resolved if we have an expert in SQL. Then he asked me if the DB Analyst in our Singapore office could do the job, and i told him that i believed she could definitely help.

Two days later, he really asked her to come up here for three days next week and wanted me to be here too to point her at the right direction. I tried to persuade him that i'm not needed here and even sms-ed my boss in Singapore, hoping to get support from him to get me back, but both of them actually wanted me to be around. Shit, i think i pretty much dig my own grave for making that suggestion.

Anyway, i didn't bring enough clothes with me and so i'll be going back and fly in again on Monday morning. Yes, i could have send my clothes for laundry by the hotel, but there are at least 3 reasons for not wanting to stay over the weekend.

Firstly, i never wear the same outfits to work within two weeks in all my previous jobs (except the Japanese manufacturing company where we gotta wear uniforms to work). I definitely wouldn't wanna wear the same attire to the KL office either.

Furthermore, what am i gonna do over the weekend when there's no Internet access in the hotel room? It's also too dangerous to go around the city by myself.

Lastly and most importantly, i'm meeting my friends over the weekend. Siang is back from Japan for a holiday. She only has about 4 weekends in Malaysia, so i wouldn't wanna miss any chance i have to meet up with her and her adorable little daughter.

Oops, did i just say there were 3 reasons? Ok, make it 4. I must say that i miss 贝 too lah of course.

Gotta get up early tomorrow as it will be the last breakfast i'm gonna have here in this hotel and i wanna take my time to savour it. This hotel is fully booked for next week so i'll be putting up at the Seri Pacific Hotel instead. Now, that hotel would better be as good as this one, for this is the only thing i like being sent up here.

Will do some work for a while before i call it for the day.

(This post was completed at 11.30pm)

Labels: , ,

Share your cogitation



Thursday, July 05, 2007 @ 4:57 pm: Business trip (II)
Tuesday, July 03, 2007 @ 11:13 pm: No Internet access
Monday, July 02, 2007 @ 6:46 pm: Business trip (I)
Wednesday, June 27, 2007 @ 3:36 am: Going on business trip
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 @ 3:25 am: Monday blues
Sunday, June 24, 2007 @ 4:51 am: Despair
Sunday, June 24, 2007 @ 2:55 am: Frustration at work
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 @ 3:28 am: Tiring
Thursday, June 14, 2007 @ 8:19 pm: Long weekend
Thursday, June 14, 2007 @ 7:46 pm: Two years (and two days) old