I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Business trip (VI)

So where was i?

Oh, i mentioned about the traffic in front of the KL office. Here's the video clip i took with my mobile phone (with poor quality and no audio after converting the video format).

There's nothing special about this clip. I just wanna show my point that it was almost impossible to cross the road because of the non-stop traffic.



Another three days have passed and my memory of the business trip slipped away more. It may not necessarily be a bad thing, for this means i have less to write and whoever's reading this will have less strain on her eyes.

Alright, now, what can i recall about the trip?

Hmm, i remember that i had dinner with 贝's sister and her boyfriend one evening at KLCC. We went to Genki Sushi, a kaiten sushi restaurant that i had said i would not patronize again after having meals at its Singapore and JB branches. Now that i've tried the KL branch too, i'm sure that i indeed will not go there again. Both the food and service were just so-so; there was nothing to attract me to eat there again.

I stayed in the Seri Pacific Hotel for two nights last week because the Traders Hotel was fully booked. I didn't like this hotel as much, which is understandable because it was an older hotel while Traders Hotel was rather new. And of course the location was also not as good as compared to Traders, for one is near KLCC whereas the other is just opposite The Mall, an old shopping complex that i had visited before back in 1994.

I was given a room with two single beds because all rooms with queen size bed were not ready at the time i checked in. It was obvious that the room had been renovated before but the carpet and some fixtures still looked old. I've taken pictures of the room with my mobile phone and will put up the pictures in my later post.

It seemed that most of the hotel guests there came from India and the Middle East. To cater to their taste, there are also more Indian cuisine at the breakfast even though it was supposed to be an international buffet.

Ok, there's nothing else i'd really wanna document down about the trip, except the last returning flight. I think the trip last week must be jinxed, or it may be a sign that the third trip should be the last and i shouldn't go back there again. As if i didn't have enough troubles on the departure for KL, i almost couldn't get on a returning flight to SG.

As the trip last week was kinda last-minute decision (again!) and i didn't get to go back to the SG office, i asked my colleague to collect the tickets on my behalf and passed it to me on our departure to KL. When she gave me the ticket, i didn't check properly and didn't realize that there was no return ticket. I only realized it when i was already at KLIA and about to check in for boarding pass. So i called the SG office and the person-in-charge told me to get the airline counter to re-issue a ticket for me.

That was when i was almost stranded in the airport.

The week before when the company was making arrangement for my trip, i was informed that my returning flight was confirmed at 9.45pm, even though i was on the waiting list for an earlier flight at 6.50pm. I didn't receive any call about getting on to the earlier flight and so i arrived at the airport at around 6.30pm, way before my supposed departure time of 9.45pm.

Then when i asked the airline counter to re-issue the ticket to me, the ticket printed out was for the 6.50pm flight and it was already 7pm by that time! I then asked the airline personnel if i could change back to the original 9.45pm flight but she told me that it was full. She asked me to get a queue number and see if i could get on to subsequent flight.

I took a queue number and it showed that there were 140+ people on the waiting list, which means that it was very likely that i would not get on any flight for that day at all. I started to panic and called the SG office again for help. The person-in-charge then told me to put her through to the airline personnel and then she started complaining to the personnel about how they never informed us about the change in flight and how i would be stranded in the airport.

I must say that she was really good in doing that, i mean insisting on getting what she demanded even when it was through the phone. Guess what? In the end, the airline personnel agreed to endorse a ticket and have me on an earlier flight by Japan Airline.

So in the end, i arrived at Singapore earlier than planned, and was served by the gentle and beautiful Japanese flight attendants. After this incident, i told myself that i should really behave more like a Singaporean sometimes to get things go my way.

Well, i guess that's about all i wanna write about the business trip. Hopefully there won't be another one, or at least not going to the KL office again for the same issue.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Monday, July 16, 2007 @ 3:24 am: Business trip (V)
Thursday, July 12, 2007 @ 4:29 am: Back in SG
Thursday, July 12, 2007 @ 4:17 am: Business trip (IV)
Saturday, July 07, 2007 @ 7:18 pm: Back in JB
Saturday, July 07, 2007 @ 6:29 pm: Business trip (III)
Thursday, July 05, 2007 @ 4:57 pm: Business trip (II)
Tuesday, July 03, 2007 @ 11:13 pm: No Internet access
Monday, July 02, 2007 @ 6:46 pm: Business trip (I)
Wednesday, June 27, 2007 @ 3:36 am: Going on business trip
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 @ 3:25 am: Monday blues