I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Annual Dinner and Dance

Just reached home at around 12am+. While waiting for my hair to dry so that i can go to bed, thought i should take the time to blog about tonight's, oops, i mean last night's event.



That's the door gift that we got for our AD&D. I'm not even gonna mention what's inside; just some useless cheapskate stuff. I guess they spent all the money in making the suitcase and hence not much was left to get a decent door gift.

If you are familiar with TV show, it's not hard to guess what was the theme for our AD&D just by looking at the door gift. The dress code, however, had nothing to do with that TV show at all. We were asked to wear uniforms of different professions. Lots of my fellow colleagues were seen in different kinds of uniforms. We had school students, doctors, nurses, soldiers, air stewardess, pilots, French maids, nuns from Sister Act, astronauts, judges... you name it, we have it. I had fun watching them in costumes. I didn't follow the dress code though. Just wore a nice blouse with jeans. So it also means that i didn't win the best dress award of course.

In fact, i didn't win any prizes at all. The prizes were quite attractive. We had huge LCD TV, air tickets to Paris, laptops, PCs, etc. I used to rather lucky in the AD&D lucky draw in my previous jobs. I guess i've probably used up all my luck then and now could never win anything anymore. Darn!

Anyway, i had great fun today. The food was just so-so, but the entertainment was great. I haven't laughed so hard for quite a while already. The best part was when we had this game on stage that imitated that TV show, the six ladies who carried the suitcases were actually our MALE directors, completed with blue dresses, wigs and big boobs. I found it really unbelievable that our senior management could be so sporting.

Out of the six, two were the bosses of our department, whom we worked closely with everyday. All of us were so surprised and i laughed so hard that my cheek ached. My boss's boss who's more reserved type was apparently quite embarrassed, but my boss was such a fun. Not only did he keep putting on those sexy poses like a showgirl on stage, he even came to our table after the game and took picture with us while he was still dressing as a woman. I really admire him for that.

Oh, it's time for bed. Will be on another course for the next two days, so will be taking MRT instead of driving, which means that i gotta wake up earlier. I bet i'm gonna be very tried tomorrow.

Labels:

Envy leh! ur boss is so sporting.
My coleagues & I did host a fun game during our last A&D. When comes to our directors' table, the director actually asking us : "do u know who am I? I'm director." :(

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, September 04, 2007 @ 2:34 am: Alone again
Saturday, September 01, 2007 @ 2:43 am: Too easy
Friday, August 31, 2007 @ 2:47 am: Studying for certification exam
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 @ 2:42 am: Credit card fraud
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 @ 2:25 am: Fish in pond
Monday, August 27, 2007 @ 1:47 am: Looking out for a career
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 @ 3:06 am: Going on course
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 @ 3:14 am: The past weekend
Sunday, August 19, 2007 @ 3:16 am: Another treasure hunt
Friday, August 17, 2007 @ 2:56 am: Postal code in Singapore