I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, September 13, 2007

I felt the tremor

The time was around 7.10pm+.

I was at home looking at the screen of my laptop. Then suddenly, i felt the screen moving slightly. I thought i had been looking at the screen for too long and was feeling dizzy, so i looked away from the screen but it didn't help. It felt like the chair that i was sitting on was shaking too.

I stood up and walked towards the wall. I put my hand on the wall and could feel the tremor. Then i walked to the kitchen and looked into the water jar. I could see the water was moving in the jar, and it was then that i realized there must be an earth quake.

Frankly, i was rather scared. I was on the 9th floor and couldn't be sure if the building would be safe enough to withstand a quake. I opened the door to see if anyone was leaving the building, but no one seemed to notice it at all. I started to doubt myself and thought that maybe it was really me who's feeling dizzy. But still, i changed into my jeans (i wear hotpants at home), just in case i needed to run for my life.

Then an hour ago, 贝's family called and told him to stay clear of seaside because there was an earthquake of 7.9 magnitude in Indonesia. They are worried that there may be a tsunami followed the quake. Well, we are in Singapore, a small island. If it's indeed hit by tsunami, i doubt there's a place where we can run to and be safe.

My deepest condolences to the victims of the earthquake.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Monday, September 10, 2007 @ 2:15 am: The past weekend
Thursday, September 06, 2007 @ 5:43 am: Annual Dinner and Dance
Tuesday, September 04, 2007 @ 2:34 am: Alone again
Saturday, September 01, 2007 @ 2:43 am: Too easy
Friday, August 31, 2007 @ 2:47 am: Studying for certification exam
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 @ 2:42 am: Credit card fraud
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 @ 2:25 am: Fish in pond
Monday, August 27, 2007 @ 1:47 am: Looking out for a career
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 @ 3:06 am: Going on course
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 @ 3:14 am: The past weekend