I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Spreading the news

I went to a meeting this morning on phase 2 of system implementation. I've actually made known to my boss and the colleagues in our department that i would be concentrating on clearing the outstanding tasks for phase 1 and wouldn't be involved in any of the phase 2 discussion. My boss agreed to my suggestion, as it makes more sense for the trainer who's supposed to take over my job to start from the beginning of a new phase, rather than i do it a bit and then hand over to her later.

But then, the trainer wasn't sure what to do in the meeting, so i went to the meeting today with the intention of showing her what to do. I had always been the one who held the marker pen and drew all the flow charts on the white board during discussions, but today i handed the job to her. Everyone in the meeting was puzzled when they saw me sitting comfortably on the chair and let her do the dirty job.

So, i did an unusual thing, a thing that a resigned staff wouldn't normally do. I announced to everyone in the meeting that i'll be leaving soon. The expression on everyone's face after hearing the news simply made my day.

Of course, after the meeting, i got the usual questions on when my last day in the company will be and the reasons for my resignation. I think i should record all the answers down so that i can just replay the recording when people ask me the same questions everytime.

Anyway, now that i've helped in spreading the news, i have my justification in refusing to do the work that i don't want to do. That ought to make my remaining days in this company more enjoyable.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, October 23, 2007 @ 3:20 am: Situation at work
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 @ 2:30 am: The past week
Friday, October 19, 2007 @ 3:22 am: No blog today
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 @ 4:26 am: A new toy
Monday, October 15, 2007 @ 3:40 am: Long weekend
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 @ 4:43 am: BLIA Treasure Hunt on Wheels
Tuesday, October 09, 2007 @ 4:47 am: Kiwanis Sentosa Treasure Hunt 2007
Monday, October 08, 2007 @ 2:36 am: We won the 3rd prize
Sunday, October 07, 2007 @ 4:53 am: Resignation
Friday, October 05, 2007 @ 4:19 am: Good news