I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, November 09, 2007

Another fraud

Received a call from the bank just now. The guy asked me if i've bought anything from a Taiwanese company with my credit card over these few days. If i heard him correctly, the amount was around RM600+.

I told him that i haven't been using my card for weeks already. He then told me that he would have to suspense my credit card to prevent further fraudulent transactions. However, this transaction has already been charged through, so i'll have to pay for it when the bill is received and then report the case through the proper channel.

This is the second incident already. The first incident also involved the same Taiwanese company. It seemed like someone has bought something from the company through the Web using my credit card. The strange thing is that the card that was involved in the earlier fraud had already been suspended, and the one i'm holding now is a new card that had only been issued to me in September. Yet, similar thing happened again. If it's really a fraud, then i really wonder how the person got hold of my credit card number.

So far, i've only used the new card for three transactions. The first was the beauty parlour where i do my facial every month. The second and third were two insurance companies where i registered my credit card for auto payment of my insurance premium. I'm not sure if it's possible that my credit card information was stolen in any one of these places, but online transactions require the three-digit security code on the credit card. None of those transactions kept my credit card security code, so i really can't figure out which might have been the culprit.

I do have my doubt in the bank too. I wonder if it was the bank's mistake last time because the amount was debited back to us in just a month time without any reason given. If it was really the bank charging to the wrong account, then i wouldn't be surprised if it happens again.

I found it unbelievable that the same fraud involve the same company would actually happened to me twice on two different credit cards. Something must be terribly wrong here. Anyway, once the next bill is issued and if the fraudulent transaction indeed appears on the bill, then i'll call up the bank and demand for a explanation on the last incident.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, November 06, 2007 @ 2:58 am: Sex with a bike
Monday, November 05, 2007 @ 3:21 pm: Random updates
Friday, November 02, 2007 @ 6:07 am: A dream
Friday, November 02, 2007 @ 6:02 am: It's my choice
Tuesday, October 30, 2007 @ 4:01 am: Random updates
Thursday, October 25, 2007 @ 4:39 am: Spreading the news
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 @ 3:20 am: Situation at work
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 @ 2:30 am: The past week
Friday, October 19, 2007 @ 3:22 am: No blog today
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 @ 4:26 am: A new toy