I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Friday, November 02, 2007

It's my choice

While waiting for my hair to dry, i thought i can take this time to blog.

Just got back at around 11pm+. Went to visit a colleague who's on maternity leave. The baby girl is adorable, but her toddler son is quite a handful. I went there with another colleague, or rather, an ex-colleague now since she just left the company yesterday. She brought her daughter along, who has big round pretty eyes with long lashes.

Well, in case you are wondering, no, seeing all these kids did not give me the urge to have my own. If anything else, it actually reaffirms my decision of not having any kids. I really can't imagine taking care of those little terrors all day.

I'm not a child hater. No, really, i'm not. Just that i dislike kids who don't listen and can't behave themselves. Unfortunately, that applies to almost all kids nowadays.

My colleagues were sitting there casually talking about how their childless neighbours and friends regretted of not having kids because they are so lonely without children by their side. I know they were actually directing the conversation at me, since they know about my intention and had disagreed with me on that. Well, i've heard this kind of story one time too many, so i didn't really respond.

I mean, what was there to say? These are people with children. Apparently they love their kids to death, so my decision was like a sin to them. Of course, i know that they are also concerned about me and worried that i may regret it later in my life.

I can't say now that for sure i will or will not regret it later, but there are choices in life that we need to make, and we should not feel regretful over the choices we've made. Even if we do regret later, it's our own choice and we only have ourselves to blame.

So, it's my life, and it's my choice to make. I just hope everyone can just let me be and stop the preaching.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Tuesday, October 30, 2007 @ 4:01 am: Random updates
Thursday, October 25, 2007 @ 4:39 am: Spreading the news
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 @ 3:20 am: Situation at work
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 @ 2:30 am: The past week
Friday, October 19, 2007 @ 3:22 am: No blog today
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 @ 4:26 am: A new toy
Monday, October 15, 2007 @ 3:40 am: Long weekend
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 @ 4:43 am: BLIA Treasure Hunt on Wheels
Tuesday, October 09, 2007 @ 4:47 am: Kiwanis Sentosa Treasure Hunt 2007
Monday, October 08, 2007 @ 2:36 am: We won the 3rd prize