I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, December 17, 2007

Hong Kong - Day 2

I have much to write actually, but it's late now and i gotta be fresh for my first day to the HK office tomorrow, so i'm gonna briefly relate what i did today and post up the pictures. Will write more about my encounters and observation if there's time tomorrow.

Went shopping today. Walked such distance that my legs are still sore.

After breakfast in the hotel, i took the subway in HK, which is known as the MTR, to Time Square, the famous shopping mall in HK. It is located at Causeway Bay (銅鑼灣), and is just two stations away from the station near the hotel.



I didn't buy anything at Time Square and decided to walk around the area since it's a busy district. I just wondered away from Time Square and realized that i was in a market place.




Since it was already lunch time, i decided to go into one of the local kopitium for some authentic HK food.



I ordered a plate of roasted goose and roasted pork rice (燒鵝叉燒飯)for HKD 45. It was delicious, but the serving was too big and i couldn't finish the whole plate. Oh, and the roasted goose, though very tasty, had this thick layer of fat under the crispy skin without any flesh. I don't like fatty meat, so i didn't eat it.


After lunch, i continued walking along the streets until i came to Sogo. Here was where i got what i've planned to buy.

Boots are common in Taiwan and Hong Kong, especially the knee-length type. This type of boots looks nice with skirts and shorts, but isn't popular in SG and Msia. I've always wanted a pair of knee-length boots, but then i also need an ankle-length pair to replace the one that was broken. So the best is to get both.

Then, i found this pair, which can be made into different length.





There was 50% discount on the boots and i bought it for only HKD250 (correction) HKD450. It's a good bargain.

I also bought a bag and a shirt. Considering i was out from 10am to 5pm at an area where there are so many things to buy, merely bought 3 items is really pathetic. There's a reason to it. I'll elaborate more tomorrow.

From Sogo, i walked so far that i got lost. I didn't know where i was and how to get back to the MTR. Then i saw a sign pointing to the MTR, i just followed the direction and finally got to a station. It wasn't the Causeway Bay station that i had alight earlier. It was one station further, the Wan Zai (灣仔) station. Gee, i actually walked to another station unknowingly.

When i got back to the hotel, it was already 5pm+. I logged on to the Internet and did some outstanding work for Taipei project. About an hour later, i went out again for my dinner.

I walked to the adjacent street from the hotel where there are many kopitium.


I simply chose one and went in for my dinner.


I ordered the set dinner of prawn dumplings and Fu Zhou fish balls with rice vermicelli (鮮蝦水餃和福州魚丸米粉), that came with a plate of vegetables and tea. Notice the cup of Chinese tea was for cleaning the utensils and not for drinking (which i might have if i didn't pay attention to the neighbouring table).


The dumplings were nice, but not so for other dishes. The dinner cost HKD31, cheaper than the lunch i had.

After dinner, i went to the minimart that i went to yesterday to buy a big bottle of 5L distilled water. I gotta drink more water to stay healthy.

Well, that pretty much summed up my day. It's gonna be another busy and tiring week ahead. I do, however, hope to get another chance to go shopping after work. Let's see how things go.

Labels:

try wanton mee, the authentic silk tea, roasted goose (maybe for your trip you can try the Yung1 Ji4 near the drinking, Lan Qua Fong) hope your colleague will be able to bring you up the TaiPing Peak to take a view of HK night lights and there's roasted Goose there too. Try it with beer. -LF

Share your cogitation



Sunday, December 16, 2007 @ 4:57 am: Hong Kong - Day 1
Saturday, December 15, 2007 @ 4:57 am: Taipei - Day 6
Friday, December 14, 2007 @ 4:54 am: Taipei - Day 5
Tuesday, December 11, 2007 @ 4:47 am: Taipei - Day 2
Monday, December 10, 2007 @ 4:54 am: Arrived in Taipei
Sunday, December 09, 2007 @ 7:31 pm: In transit
Sunday, December 09, 2007 @ 12:03 am: Leaving tomorrow
Saturday, December 08, 2007 @ 11:40 pm: Another year
Thursday, December 06, 2007 @ 4:01 am: Going on business trip soon
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 @ 4:45 am: First day at work