I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A very Merry Christmas

I'm taking a break from blogging about my business trip and gonna update about the wonderful Christmas eve i had yesterday.

Before that, i'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

Yesterday morning, 贝 and i drove in from JB to SG as other normal Monday, except that i skipped work as planned. I drove 贝 to his office and then went home and rested.

At around 1pm, i met up with 贝 at Suntec. We had lunch and did some shopping. We bought quite a lot of clothing today, since many shops were having sales and promotion. The malls were crowded, as there were lots of people doing last-minute shopping for Christmas gifts. With the decorations and the non-stop Christmas songs aired in the malls, we could really feel the holiday mood.

While we were shopping, there were a few times i threw my tantrums at 贝, for he jokingly passed some remarks about what i wore and looked at a girl who wore exceptionally short dress. I wasn't really upset, but i think it was because of PMS, i got irritated by his remarks easily. Despite my fit, we did have a good time.

In the evening, we had our Christmas eve dinner at the Paulaner Bräuhaus at Millenia Walk. It's a restaurant serving German beer and Bavarian cuisine. We ordered the Nürnberger Bratwurst (sausages), the Gegrillte Schweinshaxe (Grilled Pork Knuckle), and a glass of dark German beer. Both dishes were simply delicious and went very well with the beer. We had a divine time relishing the food as well as the memory of seven years ago back in Munich when we first tasted such cuisine and where our romance blossomed.

After the dinner, we went back to Suntec in search of a timepiece shop where i could get 贝 a watch that he would like. As i was away for two weeks and didn't have time to shop around much when i was in Taipei and HK, i didn't get 贝 any Christmas gift at all.

I had gotten him two Yonex polo shirts for his birthday, and decided not to get him any more clothes. I had thought of buying some nice Chinese tea leaves from Taipei, but 贝 has stopped drinking tie guan yin and only drinks pu-er nowadays. Then i've thought of buying a limited edition watch on the HK-SG flight, but then i really didn't know if he would like the design or brand (he's rather particular about the brand of stuff he uses). There wasn't really anything that he really wanted lately except a watch, so i decided that he should pick a watch for himself, albeit lacking of surprises, at least it's more useful and to his liking.

But then, it's Christmas eve and most shops closed early. I didn't get to buy anything for 贝 at all in the end. I felt really bad about it.

Then at midnight, i felt even more terrible about not able to get 贝 a gift. He gave me a Christmas gift that i've never expected.



I mean, i did know that he got me a gift, as every year we do exchange Christmas gifts, but what i didn't expect was that he actually got me a new digital camera, a Nikon Coolpix S700!




The camera that i'm using now was bought more than three years ago. With the speed of technological advancement, it's actually considered old already. I've been telling 贝 that i wanna get myself a DSLR and a new compact digital camera to replace the one i'm using. Never did i expect that he took it to heart and bought me one!



Here are the pictures i took with my mobile phone, comparing my old camera and this new gift.





I'm so touched for receiving this gift. 贝 had told me that he just got his AWS and he's gonna give some few thousands dollars to his parents and my mom. He said after playing this Santa Clause role of giving out bonuses to the elderly, he'd used up all the AWS already. But then, he still spent so much on buying a new digital camera for me instead of getting himself something, and somemore the gift is something that i've been yearning to get. I'm so moved by his thoughtfulness, and felt even worse for not able to get something for him.

贝, thank you so much for the gift and i love it very much. Sorry that i didn't get you a Christmas gift in time. Please do know that i sincerely had every intention of doing so. Let's pick up a watch that you like as a belated gift. *muak*

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Monday, December 24, 2007 @ 4:56 am: Back at home
Friday, December 21, 2007 @ 4:51 am: Hong Kong - Day 6
Friday, December 21, 2007 @ 2:12 am: Happy food
Monday, December 17, 2007 @ 4:21 am: Hong Kong - Day 2
Sunday, December 16, 2007 @ 4:57 am: Hong Kong - Day 1
Saturday, December 15, 2007 @ 4:57 am: Taipei - Day 6
Friday, December 14, 2007 @ 4:54 am: Taipei - Day 5
Tuesday, December 11, 2007 @ 4:47 am: Taipei - Day 2
Monday, December 10, 2007 @ 4:54 am: Arrived in Taipei
Sunday, December 09, 2007 @ 7:31 pm: In transit