I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Saturday, January 26, 2008

The mutation continues

... in Taiwan.

Have been working late nights again for this week. Am so so so so so tired now.

If this carries on, i may really be mutating into a person who lives to work instead of works to live.

Anyway, i'm staying in a different hotel this time because the Taiwan office had shifted from Taipei city area to Nei Hu (內湖). I prefer the hotel i stayed at last time but it is about 30 minutes away from the new office, whereas this hotel, Grand Victoria, is less than 10 minutes. The hotel actually isn't that grand as it sounded, and i think the service needs some improvement.

So what happened over this week?

I was rushing for the work on board the plane on Monday morning. The flight was very full and there wasn't any more window or aisle seat left, so i was stuck in between two guys. I hate middle seat, as i don't get to see the sky, it's difficult to go to the lavatory, and i gotta keep my movement small. This was especially difficult when i gotta take out my laptop and typing away.

My little boss and the trainer from UK HQ were with me on this trip. After we arrived at the hotel in the late afternoon and had our late lunch, little boss and i headed to the Taiwan office. The Taiwanese colleagues had only moved in over the weekend and they were still tidying up the things. All the PCs that were supposed to be up for the training were still in the boxes. In the end, little boss and i gotta help setting up the stuff for the training.

Then the following four days were pure agony. Okay, maybe i'm being a bit dramatic here, but really, it's tough to be a translator. I gotta listen to the UK trainer, watch and learn (as i'd have to conduct the training on my own the next week), and at the same time translate what she said into Mandarin to the users. To make things even tougher, these bunch of users weren't exactly easy people to deal with. Talking to them really drained all energy out of me. Not only that, after the training each day, i still have tons of job to do when i'm back in the hotel. I'm sleep deprived every day.

So, i'm glad that it's weekend already. I don't think i'll have the energy to go visiting. I didn't go anywhere the last time, and i guess it will be the same again this time. Furthermore, it's really cold this time round and i doubt i wanna walk on the streets in such cold weather.

My plan for this weekend is to rest well. The first thing for tomorrow is to not set any alarm and just sleep until i wake up by myself. Being able to do that has in itself become a luxury for me recently.

Labels:

Gee, sounds bad! but correct me if I'm wrong, everything comes with a price and when bosses give you big increment it means "double increment" as it comes with $ and work load!

Your post make me feel good ;-) in the sense that low pay, low workload. I should be contented...LF

Share your cogitation



Monday, January 21, 2008 @ 4:13 am: I'm mutating
Wednesday, January 16, 2008 @ 3:40 am: Working hard
Saturday, January 12, 2008 @ 5:27 am: Low down
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 @ 4:21 am: Still busy
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 @ 4:35 am: Busy
Friday, January 04, 2008 @ 4:17 am: Trip cancelled
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 @ 3:47 am: New year's resolutions 2008
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 @ 4:54 am: Year 2007 in retrospect
Monday, December 31, 2007 @ 4:42 am: A long weekend
Thursday, December 27, 2007 @ 2:36 am: Back to office