I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Working my ass off in Taipei

Ok, so i said i wanna finish up on the travel log, and obviously i didn't, yet again.

Arrived Taipei yesterday afternoon. Little boss who was supposed to be on the same flight with me didn't make it on the morning flight and changed it to the afternoon. I received his call when it was about time to board the plane, and he was still in the cab on his way to the airport. He of course couldn't make it in the end.

Big boss knew what happened to little boss, but he said it was something personal and told me to ask little boss myself. So last night i kinda casually asked him why he missed the flight, and he just smiled and didn't answer. I didn't probe further. Maybe it was really personal.

I went straight to the office from the airport. The driver who was supposed to pick me up at the airport got a wrong message and thought both little boss and i changed the flight. I called big boss, who was already in Taipei, since i didn't have the local contact with me. Then i was told to wait for 10 minutes or so for the driver to rush to the airport.

Last night, i gotta rush for the user guide that i couldn't complete on the plane. It was needed today for the start of the UAT. I worked till 3am and got it done, but it wasn't actually used at all today. Having slept for only 3+ hours last night, and also 5+ hours the night before, i'm actually feeling very tired now. I didn't even go out to have dinner and ordered room service (the same dishes as previously, only that it wasn't as nice because the salad dressing was different)



My plan for tomorrow may change. Initially i've planned to visit the city tomorrow, and then spend half-a-day at the bookstore on Sunday. Now that i'm so bushed, i'm contemplating if i should rest for the whole day tomorrow or still go out. It really sad that i haven't even gone to any of the famous place in Taipei even though this is my 4th trip here. I just don't have the same enthusiasm in going around when i'm at a foreign land alone.

Then i thought i wanna join a city day tour, since i'm too lazy to plan for where to go and how. I searched on the Web and couldn't find anything for single traveller. Actually i spoke to my Taiwanese colleagues today and they told me that hiring a personal tour guide isn't popular here. Sigh, i guess it's gonna be another wasted trip again.

Anyway, on an unrelated note, similar disaster happened again. This time is the toilet in my hotel room. Due to the design of the toilet bowl, the water keeps flowing. I gotta listen to it for the whole night, and even worse is that i probably gotta pee in the bath tub if i wanna use the toilet anytime from now till tomorrow when the hotel staff get it fixed -- that is IF they can get it fixed instead of asking me to move to another room.

Labels: ,

Share your cogitation



Thursday, April 17, 2008 @ 12:36 am: Flying tomorrow
Monday, April 14, 2008 @ 2:47 am: A trip to the land of smiles -- Day 3 (III)
Friday, April 11, 2008 @ 3:47 am: A trip to the land of smiles -- Day 3 (II)
Thursday, April 10, 2008 @ 3:25 am: A trip to the land of smiles -- Day 3 (I)
Wednesday, April 09, 2008 @ 2:42 am: Noise
Sunday, April 06, 2008 @ 10:32 pm: A trip to the land of smiles -- Day 2 (III)
Sunday, April 06, 2008 @ 6:06 pm: Busy at work
Thursday, April 03, 2008 @ 4:07 am: A trip to the land of smiles -- Day 2 (II)
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 @ 4:48 am: A trip to the land of smiles -- Day 2 (I)
Tuesday, April 01, 2008 @ 4:46 am: Commercial break