I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lonely

Am back in SG now.

Uh huh, arrived at SG home at around 11pm. I changed my return flight yesterday, and due to the last-minute changes, all earlier flights were already full and i could only get on the last flight from TW to SG.

So this is how it is -- i don't have a life now. It's just work and work and work, and i can no longer manage my time anymore. I won't know where i will be the next day; everything is on last-minute basis now.

The go-live date was postponed to mid-July, which basically means that i may need to go back to TW once more. Since it was postponed, there was no point for us to continue staying in TW, so we returned earlier.

It would have been great for me if 貝 is around, but he's not and so i'm all alone now.

貝 is on a business trip in Korea now. He will be returning to SG this weekend. The timing would have been perfect if i were to return on Friday as originally planned.

Now, it just sucks.

When i was in TW, i returned to a hotel room everyday but that didn't give me a feeling of loneliness, as i always knocked off from work late and continue working in the room, so i didn't have much time thinking about other things.

Then over weekends, when i walked by myself on the busy streets of Taipei, i thought that was lonely. No matter how crowded the streets were, there was no one there to share anything with me. It was just me and myself; the more people there were, the lonelier i felt.

But then, now i realize that was nothing compared to what i'm feeling now.

Imagine returning to an empty home after having been away for so long. No one is here to welcome you, talk to you, or to give you a big smile, hugs and kisses.

Yes, i miss breathing the familiar air of SG. I am glad to be back, but to return to this emptiness.... that, really, is the loneliest of all.

Labels:

U are not alone , PinPin , at least u have someone here listening to u . Give u a friendly hug ! Soon your Bei will return to your side . Jia You !!

Is it time for you to start looking for another job? I may be bias by the limited information I read from your blog. You do seems burning out to me. You're a dedicated professional, you should not have a problem getting a job that gives you work life balance! I think MNCs do emphasize on in this area, however you know it better than I do! -LF

yummy, thanks for your words of encouragemet in the various posts. :)

LF, you are right, i'm kinda burning out. Frankly, changing job (again) may be one of my options if situation at work doesn't improve any time soon...

Share your cogitation



Monday, June 23, 2008 @ 3:48 am: The past week
Monday, June 16, 2008 @ 3:46 am: The past weekend
Friday, June 13, 2008 @ 3:48 am: Three years old
Friday, June 13, 2008 @ 1:48 am: In Taipei again
Monday, June 09, 2008 @ 3:34 am: Random updates
Thursday, June 05, 2008 @ 2:47 am: This job is killing me
Sunday, June 01, 2008 @ 2:14 am: Am back
Monday, May 26, 2008 @ 3:47 am: An exhausting week
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 @ 3:38 am: It's nice to be popular
Sunday, May 18, 2008 @ 8:16 pm: In the news