I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Thursday, June 05, 2008

This job is killing me

I was (and still am) dead tired after retuning from TW.

The last two weeks there were just work and work and work for me. Little boss went back to KL on the second week and passed the baton to a lady manager from Malaysia. She did her best to help out, but she hasn't been involved in this project from the beginning, and so there were lots of things that she was unaware of and hence everything still fell back on me.

The most frustrating part was that the 5 temp staff whom they hired became my responsibility for the whole week. I gotta make sure they were given work to do, and i had to guide and monitor them on the data entry. Even though i did find something interesting from my interaction with them (which i hope to blog about it IF i have the time), this task occupied most of my time and i couldn't work on other things that were more productive and important.

I did highlight this to little boss, but he couldn't do anything about it since there was no one else who was willing to take on this work. Consequently, we failed to close May accounts before i left, despite working past 10pm on Friday and went back to office again on Saturday early morning -- when i was supposed to leave for the airport straight from the hotel. My flight was at 2pm and the driver was picking me up at 12pm. I departed directly from the office in the end.

Then on Monday, i was totally exhausted and decided to call in sick. But i ended up working from home since morning till night. The same for yesterday and today. After i was back at home in the evening, i'd still have to turn on my laptop and work.

Gosh, this job is really killing me.

Both little boss and big boss were off to TW yesterday. They were there to make miracles, since i apparently failed to make things happen as planned, whether or not it was a fault of mine. I do have more to say about this, but it will be a long whinny post of its own.

Anyway, on my last Friday in TW, after working late, the IT Manager there brought us to a eatery for dinner (or more like supper, at 10pm). Finally after two weeks of bento and room service, i got to have some authentic Taiwanese food.

Bee hoon in soup


Shark meat


Fish eggs


"Three-colored egg" and smoked duck meat


Some sort of veggie that we don't get here


Squids and deep-fried seafood


Browned fish


The dishes were delicious, but i didn't enjoy much because it was already very late and i didn't wanna have too much food in the night.

Oh well, i guess i'll continue to be this busy for months to come. I have so many things to write about, but i couldn't even find time to accompany 貝, let alone blogging. My busy work schedule and frequent travelling are affecting my love life as well. Gee, not a good sign.

Sigh, is there a job out there with better pay, higher post, but lesser work? If so, i don't mind being a job hopper again.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Sunday, June 01, 2008 @ 2:14 am: Am back
Monday, May 26, 2008 @ 3:47 am: An exhausting week
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 @ 3:38 am: It's nice to be popular
Sunday, May 18, 2008 @ 8:16 pm: In the news
Sunday, May 18, 2008 @ 1:21 pm: Random updates
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 @ 3:08 am: It's good to be home, dreaming
Saturday, May 10, 2008 @ 5:40 am: Room service
Thursday, May 08, 2008 @ 3:47 am: A tiring day
Wednesday, May 07, 2008 @ 12:03 pm: At the airport now
Monday, May 05, 2008 @ 3:30 am: The past (long) weekend