I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, July 21, 2008

Back at home

Touched down in SG yesterday evening, went back to JB, and am now back in SG again.

The typhoon didn't hit Taipei as serious as other areas such as Taichung. After some light rain and strong wind on Thursday and Friday, it was all hot and sunny again yesterday. So my first typhoon experience wasn't as exciting as i had expected, but considering the casualties in the other disaster struck areas, i guess i should count myself lucky to be able to reach home safely.

I should also count my blessings for the smooth implementation of the project and i didn't have to extend my stay. So, that was it. We are finally done with TW. I could finally move on to the next country. You have no idea how glad i am for that.

I'm starting my diet plan and hopefully could slim down within a month. To show how committed i was, i decided to have light dinner in TW. So on the first evening i arrived at TW, i went to the hypermarket near the hotel and bought cornflakes, milk and fruits, which were supposed to last me for the rest of the week.



But then, being a person without much strong will, i grabbed a bag of potato chips on my way to the check-out counter.



Then the Grand Victoria Hotel that i was staying replenished two complementary packets of potato chips everyday in the room.



On Friday night, a Taiwanese colleague brought us to a shop that sells soya milk and Chinese dim sum. He told us that the dou jiang (豆漿) and shao bing you tiao (燒餅油條) are very famous and delicious. I couldn't resist it and pack the food back to hotel as dinner.



Gee, i guess my so-called diet plan didn't start off as well as i've hope...

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Friday, July 18, 2008 @ 3:17 am: My first typhoon
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 @ 12:06 pm: At the airport
Saturday, July 12, 2008 @ 2:42 am: On leave
Monday, July 07, 2008 @ 3:36 pm: A big decision
Thursday, July 03, 2008 @ 3:27 am: Bearista from 2006
Monday, June 30, 2008 @ 10:23 am: Going to KL
Thursday, June 26, 2008 @ 5:32 am: Lonely
Monday, June 23, 2008 @ 3:48 am: The past week
Monday, June 16, 2008 @ 3:46 am: The past weekend
Friday, June 13, 2008 @ 3:48 am: Three years old