I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Monday, August 18, 2008

The past week

Just minutes away from the start of the Olympic men's badminton final, i'm here in JB blogging away. We will drive back to SG after the match.

Yes, we saw our nation's hero Lee Chong Wei defeated the Korean player on Friday and secured an Olympic medal. Now the question is: what color of the medal will it be? I do hope that he can bring us the first ever Olympic gold medal. Furthermore, i just don't want Lin Dan to win.

I was at the SG branch office for the whole of last week. The system is planned to go live for SG next month, and so i was giving training on last week, followed by UAT this week.

After seeing how the KL guy who was here to help out handled the users, little boss thought that i should be around for the UAT. He decided that i don't have to go to Korea this time, which was more than fine for me, as i'd rather be in SG for my wedding preparation.

The SG users are very different from the TW. My usual style of training is to explain and demo the system functionalities once, and then give the users hands-on exercises while we guide them how to do it.

The SG users wanted the training to go differently. They tend to follow every click that i did during the demo, instead of just paying attention and listen first. They complained that i went too fast and wanted me to show them click-by-click while they follow. I didn't think it was an effective way of learning, as i don't believe in "doing without thinking", but i agreed to their requests since this was their learning style. Frankly, i doubt they could remember anything by not understanding the "why" and just concentrating on doing the "what".

Another thing i noticed was that the SG users are rather punctual for the classes, but they tend to talk among themselves while i was talking. I don't feel right asking them to shut up, so i let them be, but i'd have to talk louder due to this disturbance. I ended up with slight sore throat after the training.

Went to see doctor yesterday. The prescribed medicine made me drowsy for the whole weekend. So there goes my plan of catching up with my outstanding blog posts.

The wedding preparation is more or less complete, except a few more things to settle. Hopefully we didn't miss out on anything.

Labels:

Share your cogitation



Monday, August 11, 2008 @ 3:26 am: The past week
Monday, August 04, 2008 @ 3:47 am: The past week
Monday, July 28, 2008 @ 2:44 am: Announcement
Saturday, July 26, 2008 @ 5:04 am: Busy
Monday, July 21, 2008 @ 2:43 am: Back at home
Friday, July 18, 2008 @ 3:17 am: My first typhoon
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 @ 12:06 pm: At the airport
Saturday, July 12, 2008 @ 2:42 am: On leave
Monday, July 07, 2008 @ 3:36 pm: A big decision
Thursday, July 03, 2008 @ 3:27 am: Bearista from 2006