I think, therefore I write. (我思,所以我写。)

Cogito ergo scribo

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Random updates

I'm taking a breather here, amidst the never-ending work.

I've not been blogging because the past weeks had been crazy for me. I think i really need a long rest, but that is one luxury that i can't afford now.

We are still buying stuffs for the new home. Some pieces of furniture have yet to be delivered, and there are still a lot of little little things that are needed in the house but we don't have it yet. As much as i like shopping, it's very tiring if i gotta do it almost everyday after work.

Plus, the house is still not rid of the smell of paint totally. Sometimes i can even smell it when i'm in the office; not sure if my clothes have gotten the smell, or the smell has now perpetually stuck in my senses and i could smell it everywhere i go. I just hope it's not harmful to our health for staying and sleeping in a house with the smell of paint.

贝's parents came visit last weekend. Well, i don't call them my "in-laws" yet since i had not gone though the Chinese ceremony on their side, so they are still not my in-laws even though technically they indeed are.

贝 gotta work last Saturday, and so i was left with his parents in the new home. Even though 贝 and i have been together for so long, i have very infrequent contact with his family and hence i do not really know his parents very well. It's a difficult task for me to be with his parents without him around, as i do not know what to say to them and how to behave.

Anyway, they came down all the way from Penang to see our new home. I think 贝 wanted his parents' approval very much, especially that we borrowed money from them to pay so much for the unit. I'm not sure whether they like it or not, and whether they think it's value-for-money. At least there's one thing for sure -- his mom should be happy about seeing and staying at our new home before my mom did (as she asked me if my mom had already came to the new place before).

The new house aside, things aren't getting easier for me at work either. The workload is getting more, as i need to be involved in the implementations of two systems now instead of one.

During my promotion briefing, big boss told me that i could concentrate on Navision and no longer need to do the in-house system anymore. However, we are having problem getting in new staff, and the new person who just joined us still needs time to pick up the knowledge before i hand over the work to her. So, i still have to continue what i was doing plus taking over the new functions immediately.

I think my performance at work is affected by the excessive workload. I have so many things outstanding that big boss or even people from UK were sending emails after emails to me chasing for things. It's not that i could not multi-task, but when the tasks get too much, i will have difficulties coping. It's just like doing too many multi-processing on the computer and the processor could not take it anymore and crash. I'm not sure if i'm gonna crash soon too.

Anyway, i think what i gotta learn is to always keep the bosses updated. I'm so used to my boss trusting me 100% and leave it to me to do the job; i do not have the habit of replying their emails until the job is done (and i thought it's a waste of time to keep replying their emails). This becomes a problem when the bosses are those types who need constant updates and want things to be acted upon quickly. I am already working on the task, but i don't normally write to them and say something like "ok, i'll work on it". Then they think i am not doing anything, and start to send emails to rush me on it. This makes things look bad on me, as if i need to be pushed into completing the work all the time. I guess i really ought to change my style of working now.

Sigh, i guess it's time for me to go back to work now. Yet another long day for me...

Labels: ,

Hi hi... Dont work like me...remember me for the bad example. oh ya... it is definitely not easy to address some one equivalent to "pa" "ma" ... for me... I am still trying to get use to it for the past 1 mth+. keke

Share your cogitation



Sunday, November 02, 2008 @ 6:38 pm: The house moving week
Friday, October 24, 2008 @ 4:44 am: The week ahead
Monday, October 20, 2008 @ 4:30 am: Fine
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 @ 4:48 am: More plush toys
Wednesday, October 08, 2008 @ 4:12 am: Going to KL
Tuesday, October 07, 2008 @ 4:57 am: Random updates
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 @ 4:07 am: On medical leave
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 @ 4:05 am: A good friend's wedding
Thursday, September 25, 2008 @ 2:32 am: Temporarily richer
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 @ 3:25 am: Halloween bearistas